Leidos currently has an immediate opening for a Program/Facility Security Officer, supporting multiple US Navy programs located at a US Government site in Bethesda, MD. Leidos’ High Fidelity Simulation Business Area is responsible for architecting and implementing large-scale System of Systems solutions in support of world class simulation, training, and analysis products for the US Navy. This position requires US citizenship and a DoD Top Secret security clearance.
This position will be responsible for the management of security for a US Government development and production facility in Bethesda, MD. This position will interact with US Government personnel for the handling of all facilities and program security related requirements. Candidate should be thoroughly familiar with Department of Defense and National Industrial Security Program (NISPOM). Candidate will participate in security assessments and will directly interface with customer and government security representatives. This position will be a peer back up to the Facility Security Officer at Leidos' Bethesda MD facility. Candidate will perform security duties including, but not limited to:
• Overseeing physical and IT security in cleared area(s). Determining needs and developing security process improvements as warranted, and obtaining customer concurrence to execute
• Conducting security education and training including refresher training
• Responsible for accountability of 5,000+ classified items for program personnel
• Overseeing reciept and transmittal of large volumes of classified media
• Overseeing classification markings and bibliography development
• Investigating, assessing, and reporting on security incidents
• Investigating and preparing reports and/or recommendations for preventative or corrective actions in areas requiring specific security expertise
• Developing and upgrading facility and program Security Operation Plans (SOPs) and other documentation. Developing new SOPs as warranted
• Advising management and the development teams with respect to security issues, and contribute to the success of the Business Area’s programs
• Planning and overseeing execution of one time projects such as documentation marking, library reorganization, and material disposal.
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
• Must have 4+ years security experience with, and have a solid knowledge of, the NISPOM, and must demonstrate an aptitude in many of the security duties of this job.
• Must have direct experience in a DCID and/or NISPOM environment, be familiar with physical/technical security, and have experience in information system security. Must be familiar with the proper procedures for handling of classified information. Must have a general understanding of JPAS.
• Must be reliable, dependable and trustworthy.
• Must demonstrate a general commitment to excellence and a dedication to producing quality work results. Candidate must be committed to customer service, well organized, able to plan and prioritize assignments, able to effectively handle multiple tasks simultaneously, and able to deal with conflicting customer requirements.
• Candidate must be able to work with minimal supervision and work well under deadlines, frequently with quick turnaround.
• Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing, be courteous and professional when interacting with colleagues and customers, demonstrate a solid ability to identify and solve problems, and be able to work successfully in a team environment
• Proficiency with desktop computing platforms (PCs) and applications (MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel) is required.
• Experience with Linux
• Experience with Atlassian Products
External Referral Eligible
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective January 18, 2022, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.