Leidos has an opportunity for a Sr. Signals Development Specialist at Offutt AFB, in Omaha, NE. The ideal candidate will have formal training in signals development and be completely familiar with Air Force organizational structure and the role the Air Force plays in the larger cryptologic enterprise. The candidate will be responsible for the analysis of communications and non-communications signals over a wide RF range. Equally adept in the analysis of all analog and digital communications signals to include software analysis of high data rate TDM/PCM. Perform collection, identification and signals analysis of all communications activity in support of government projects.
• Provide analytic support for the development of new exploitation capabilities against both known and newly identified targets.
• Research targets to acquire, compile analyze and retain appropriate target information; perform SIGINT analysis utilizing standard techniques to include contact chaining, COMINT mapping, target technologies, system analysis, number normalization, military analysis and social networks; provide support to the target organizations in mapping or visualizing information as necessary and in a government approved geospatial format.
• Conduct spectrum analysis, collection, processing, and reporting for signals of interest.
• Perform signal search, analyze and report known new and unusual signals using UNIX /Linux operating system based signal analyzers, amplitude, angle, pulse modulation techniques, basic bit stream analysis, error detection and correction, digital communication principles, packet switching, modems, multiplexers, multiple access spread spectrum, satellite and
• Perform analysis of new and unusual signals using bit stream analysis.
· 8-12 years of technical experience in a signals development field
· Bachelor's degree or equivalent formal military technical training and experience.
· 451/452 course graduate or equivalent
· Strong written and oral communication skills, including public speaking
· Strategic and innovative mindset. Comfortable thinking a few steps ahead.
· Excellent analytic and organizational skills
· Ability to manage multiple projects on tight deadlines and prioritize projects appropriately
· Ability to work collaboratively to achieve objectives
· TS/SCI with Polygraph
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective January 18, 2022, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.