PaaS Ops team is the department which runs, builds and maintains the Leidos IT infrastructure. The role is for the Middleware Administrator who is responsible for delivering middleware components within projects, maintaining the Middleware infrastructure and providing service support in middleware operations.
This role provides exposure to leading software technology and underlying platforms operating mission critical services to the group.
- Implementation of complex changes to Middleware Hosted infrastructure and provide middleware integration solutions for various applications and data across the enterprise
- Expertise in providing technical support and administration of WebSphere Application servers (7.0/8.0/8.5.5), IBM HTTP Server, IIS, Apache, JBoss application server on different UNIX platforms (Sun-Solaris AIX and RHEL Linux, X86, z-Linux), Windows and setting up the development, testing/validation, Production and DR environments.
- Expertise in the Administration, Installing, Configuring Web Servers like Apache 2.0, Sun ONE 6.1, Webserver (iPlanet), Apache Webserver.
- Design and implement resilient systems in line with integration requirements and project plans
- Experience working with the latest versions and fixes of IBM WebSphere Products, Apache Tomcat, JBoss, IBM Http server, Apache webservers, MDM Software, etc.
- Hands on experience working with high availability systems and administering and architecting middleware environments, including deployments, upgrades, configurations, setup, troubleshooting and root cause analysis.
- Negotiate timescales with project stakeholders to meet the business objective
- Lead and drive solutions that meets the requirements and are compliant to Leidos Standards
- Create Java Virtual Machines using WebSphere and IBM Webserver including installation, configuration and setup.
- Expertise in SSL certificate setup and configuration and supporting COTS middleware integration products end to end
- Will communicate with parties external to the organization (e.g., sub-contractors, vendors, etc.).
- Requires expert knowledge of and ability to apply advanced technical principles, theories, and concepts.
- React quickly and as necessary to systems errors and service problems to minimize downtime and restore service.
- Works closely with the application development organization and other functional IT areas to determine best practices, tuning, problem resolution and root cause analysis in the WAS & Middleware space.
- Must have WebSphere and some Java development experience
- Attend incident resolution calls and be able to clearly articulate basic technical issues as seen on the systems, understand the actions required, perform the actions and then report back on the outcomes.
- Identification of root cause and implementation of permanent fix
- Experience with Shell scripting, wsadmin, jython/python, developing playbooks with Ansible and use these tools to develop scripts to automate middleware administration task ( Ex - Builds, patching, deployments )
- Experience with using a ticketing system to document and track work status. Proficiency in using SERVICE NOW, and JIRA ticketing systems. Create/generate reports, dashboards and homepages.
- Prepare documentation that explains the technical solution clearly, to various stakeholders who may have different level of technical skills
- Provide 24/7 on call support to the development team in both testing and production environment, and analysis (troubleshooting) of log files to resolve issues.
- Experience in Wily Introscope, New relic, HP-Diag monitoring tools.
- Quality Interpersonal, Presentation and Communication skills and ability to maintain good co-ordination with the team members.
BS degree and 8 – 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 4-6 years of prior relevant experience. Experience may be substituted in lieu of degree
All candidates supporting the CMS programs must have lived in the United States at least three (3) out of the last five (5) years prior in order to be considered.
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective January 18, 2022, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.