Leidos Government Health & Safety Solution Group in Windsor Mill, MD in support of the End User Centric IT Support (ECIS) Contract for Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) is looking to improve and advance the organization. Our program is focused on the delivery of end-user centric IT technology solution to our customer CMS where we are challenged to provide ongoing innovative and seamless experience while using CMS systems, applications and solutions, provide proactive secure development of IT integrations, concepts, and designs across the CMS enterprise and integrate end-user computing devices, conference room technology, infrastructure hardware and software, and user applications into a streamlined and seamless experience across the CMS user base. We fosters a positive end-user experience while ensuring protection of the data.
The ideal candidate for the Test Engineer (Mobile) role will have Mobile Device Management experience using Microsoft Intune and working with Azure labs and also able to use appropriate test tools and methodologies to evaluate software functions and design test protocols to ensure that applications and hardware work as intended. As a Test Engineer, you be responsible for completing all testing procedures, execute functional, integration, and data verification tests. You will also be able to perform automated and manual testing of mobile devices and software applications for quality assurance (QA) of both iOS and Android operating systems. The role requires strong knowledge of software verification and validation best practices and mobile testing experience.
Under the direction of the Product Manager, and Test Engineering Lead, you will be responsible, to include, but not limited to:
- Conduct testing, troubleshooting, and utilize Microsoft Intune for mobile device management (MDM) and mobile application management (MAM).
- Test mobile devices to ensure their configuration, operation, and capabilities work efficiently.
- Test and use mobile applications as intended to analyze its functional properties.
- Designing manual and automated test procedures to evaluate each software product.
- Building, coding, and implementing software evaluation test programs.
- Running test programs to ensure that testing protocols evaluate the software correctly.
- Suggest new processes and policies to improve mobile development techniques.
- Take an active role in defining and executing Test Plans by writing test objects and detailed test plan descriptions.
- Will execute and verify positive and negative test cases and document test results.
- Presenting test reports to management and suggesting software fixes.
- Be the go-to resource for mobile testing of both iOS and Android operating systems.
- Assess, analyze, and identify areas of concern for Section 508 non-compliance of applications.
- Develop compliance checklists, plans, and remediation actions as well as provide advice on mitigating or resolving issues.
- Attend scrum, Kanban and other agile ceremonies such as daily standups, retrospectives, backlog grooming, and others to discuss preparation, determination and findings relative to mobile and desktop application findings.
- Display an astute understanding of the process and documentation, test approach and management plan requirements regulated by the customer.
- Display technical competence and strong organizational skills while multitasking.
- Interface with software engineers, system engineers, information assurance engineers, and other project team members using the Agile Scrum methodology.
- Embrace emerging standards while promoting best practices in order to push the limits of what can be done.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, software engineering, or similar field with 4+ years of prior relevant experience. Experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- Experience with Microsoft Intune and/or Microsoft Endpoint Manager.
- Testing experience on Mobile platforms - Expertise in iOS, Android, Hybrid.
- Experience supporting a broad range of technologies and application platforms such as Web-based applications and services, mobile technologies, client-server environments, distributed environments, and Cloud services.
- An understanding of Mobile threat defense technologies.
- Proven work experience as a software and/or mobile tester.
- Experience with Mobile Application testing software and mobile automation tools.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to collate data and compile test reports.
- Excellent software troubleshooting and debugging skills.
All candidates supporting the CMS programs must have lived in the United States at least three (3) out of the last five (5) years prior in order to be considered.
- Knowledge and experience of testing for WCAG, Section 508, and ADA standards.
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective January 18, 2022, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.