Leidos has an opening for a Material Expediter in Port Hueneme, California.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Provide a timely and accurate process in receiving in and outbound material and cargo from various customers/suppliers and locations.
- Coordinate with internal and external customers to ensure that what was delivered is what was ordered and desired.
- Once materials are verified, the Expediter will determine the proper package size based on material type and carrier restrictions.
- Cargo/material will be properly staged and identified for movement to the packing activity or onsite packing of it will be preformed.
- The Expediter will also stage cargo in the proper area awaiting transport via commercial air or surface.
- Once the determination of how it will be transported, the Expediter will remove documents and scan them into Maximo.
- Prepare the cargo to be loaded into a shipping container and secured or onto a Air Force pallet and secured or into a commercial truck.
- The Expediter will be required to update the cargo tracking system from time to time.
- A minimum of four years of diversified experience in warehousing.
- Freight receiving and movement in the transportation of supply industry or equivalent experience.
- Intermediate level computer knowledge of Microsoft programs.
- Experience in the operation of warehouse equipment to include forklifts up to 6K or better.
- General understanding of loading cargo into a container for ocean shipment and prior hazardous material certification.
Due to contract requirements, US citizenship or permanent residence is required. Successful completion of Standard Form (SF) 85P, Questionnaire for Public Trust Positions is required.
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective January 18, 2022, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.