Leidos has a career opening for an Earned Value Management System (EVMS) Surveillance and Training Subject Matter Expert (SME).
The position is one of three on the surveillance and training group of the lean Corporate EVM Center of Excellence (COE) team leading and executing the core responsibilities of EVMS planning, infrastructure and tools, implementations, training and surveillance for Leidos. The position is responsible for being a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in all aspects related to the training and surveillance functions of the corporate team. This position reports to the Surveillance and Training Manager and is a primary person responsible for surveillance and training functions supporting programs and on behalf of the entire company. The ideal candidate is recognized as an experienced leader who has expertise in EVMS surveillance and training, with knowledge in a broad range of functional areas and disciplines; including program management, EVMS implementations, scheduling, financial disciplines (pricing, program finance, FP&A, etc.), contract management, and strong understanding of inter-company functional relationships. The ideal candidate is able to lead training and surveillance initiatives and sessions to support buy-in by functional stakeholders and in supporting the program from proposal, to preparation for award, to start-up through IBRs and continuing through the execution lifecycle. The ideal candidate also has extensive internal and external surveillance and training experience and is able to lead these initiatives across the company. The position involves the need for great communication and interpersonal skills to support program teams and Program Managers in ensuring they meet contract and Leidos requirements while also recognizing the value of improved planning and execution practices on contracts. The position provides expertise and objective assessments of implementation adequacy and actionable information to support the program EVMS support teams, CAMs, and Program Managers to improve program planning and execution while ensuring compliance with contractual requirements and company policy and procedures. As a principal EVMS training and surveillance expert for the company, the position works closely with program teams, other functions, and line managers to establish, maintain, and grow key government customer relationships and to help drive program growth and execution of the Business Plan. It is important to note that the Leidos EVMS portfolio has programs across many diverse customer environments (e.g., DoD, FAA, Intel, DHS, Healthcare), contracting scenarios (e.g., integrated subks, formal flowdown, reporting only, EVMS on FFP), and across a range of dollar values with different levels of external and internal understanding and buy-in. The ideal candidate will have various experiences across these diverse challenges.
- Responsible for supporting the organization's EVMS talent development, performance management, and business strategy.
- Responsible for the evolution and execution of the EVMS training and surveillance program.
- Supports programs in operational decisions and provides advice on enhancing the performance of the portfolio of projects in the organizations.
- Supports improved proposal and implementation support by providing training and providing objective assessments of implementation adequacy.
- Requires deep management and leadership knowledge of Program Management and EVMS to lead cross-family projects or program teams or mange across multiple disciplines.
- Utilizes expert domain knowledge, professional principles and theories to develop advanced concepts, techniques, solutions and standards.
- Serves as a subject matter expert within professional area providing a thorough understanding of EVMS, deliverable content, issue identification/resolution, etc.
- Regularly interacts with senior executive leadership (internally or client) regarding matters of strategic importance to the organization/project.
- Typically negotiates and develop shared solutions to convince internal and external parties to accept concepts, practices and approaches of the area.
- Significant interface with Program Managers, Contracts and Senior Technical Personnel, as well as other organizations.
- Support internal and external audits and reviews.
- Typically requires a BA/BS or equivalent experience and 10+ years prior relevant experience or Masters with 7+ years prior relevant experience.
- Generally has 5+ years experience leading EVMS training and surveillance programs and in supervising or leading teams.
- Program Management Profession (PMP) certification
- Scheduling Professional (SP) certification
- Earned Value Profession (EVP) certification
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of using tools like Microsoft Project, Oracle Primavera P6, Deltek Open Plan, Deltek Cobra, Deltek Acumen Fuse, Steelray Project Analyzer, RiskyProject, Deltek PM Compass, Deltek wInsight, Deltek CostPoint, and other Scheduling and EVMS tools.
Pay Range:Pay Range $97,500.00 - $150,000.00 - $202,500.00
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective January 18, 2022, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.