Leidos Defense group is seeking a dynamic Material Coordinator Planner. The successful candidate will support the Operations and Logistics department performing material forecasting and procurement for the Navy Array Technical Support Center (NATSC), Newport RI.
These duties can include, but are not limited to:
- Research of material requirements
- Forecast quantities needed based on anticipated operational requirements and/or historical usage rates
- Track status of current purchase orders
- Researching compliant vendor sources and placing (or assist) orders for material
- Ensuring material ordered conforms to technical specifications and requirements
- The candidate will comply with all program and customer processes and procedures to ensure the Accuracy and effectiveness of the NATSC data control systems
- This worker will create and monitor orders within supplied online systems. This position will be located in the shipping/receiving building on the customer site
- High School Diploma or GED and a minimum of 1-2 years’ prior experience in a logistical/planning activity.
- Must be able to obtain and retain a US DoD security clearance at the SECRET level.
- Previous experience in the use of Microsoft Office Suite (2013 or 2016) applications.
- Prior experience using computer/network-based documentation systems.
- Must have skill to pay attention to detail with good communication skills.
- Active US DoD security clearance at the SECRET level.
- Prior work experience at the NATSC Towed Array depot repair facility.
- Previous experience in material requirements forecasting and conformance to standards.
- Experience performing online database entry, update, and lookup activities.
- Functional understanding of material specifications, obsolescence, and suitable substitution.
- Familiarity with Naval Undersea Warfare Center, Division Newport and DoD data systems security and information assurance policies and procedures.
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective January 18, 2022, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.