The Integrated Solutions Division at Leidos is seeking an experienced, Agile focused professional to serve as a Chief Engineer. In this role, you will create, grow, and manage the SIGINT software development capabilities within the Integrated Solutions Division. This is an exciting opportunity to apply your experience to support our customer’s mission. The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting best-in-class engineering operations in a dynamic enterprise environment for a variety of customer driven emphasis items.
Qualified applicants must be self-motivated and be able to perform expertly given consistently evolving priorities. The candidate will be responsible for all aspects of the engineering discipline with flawless execution.
- Support the Customer with engineering solutions and processes that enable agility, speed, and security - across the diverse types of opportunities and programs including Software Engineering and Cloud Solutions
- Define, maintain, update, and execute rigorous engineering tools, processes, and resources – and drive innovation into these areas
- Support on-contract growth through the development of innovative ideas and solutions to meet new customer requirements
- Ensure proper engineering discipline, rigor, reporting, and focus in our solutions and planning for current and new business opportunities
- Develop highly innovative solutions to resolve complex problems involving limited and disparate information through the application of technical knowledge, conceptualizing, reasoning and interpretation, and integration of best practices
- Serve as a technical SME interfacing with PMs and division leadership to make comprehensive recommendations and develop executable strategies
- Advise and support engineering requirements of large-scale systems, major elements, and interfacing systems that are part of a complex network with geographically distributed components
- Implement community policies and guidance consistent with information system requirement analysis, transition planning, and research and assistance
- Coordinate, facilitate, and verify service transitions across multiple environments including cloud infrastructures
- Support business process improvement and proposal development activities
- Provide engineering technical support to special projects as needed
- U.S. citizen with Current TS/SCI access and Polygraph
- Requires Masters with 15+ years of prior relevant experience or a Doctorate with 13+ years of prior relevant experience
- Five or more years of experience managing large and complex projects in the customer environment including strategy and plan development, risk analysis, status reporting, and execution matrices
- Expert knowledge of and ability to apply advanced technical principles, theories, and concepts in support of Agile Principles
- Must possess a solid understanding of SAFe Agile Framework
- Current DoD 8570 certification applicable to the position (typically Security+)
- Ability to communicate effectively in technical and non-technical verbal and written correspondence with internal team members, customers, and external stake holders
- Be comfortable working on multiple systems and components simultaneously in various configurations.
- Ability to effectively plan and prioritize tasking and communicate clearly regarding technical options and trade-offs.
Pay Range:Pay Range $136,500.00 - $210,000.00 - $283,500.00
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective January 18, 2022, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.