We are seeking a MSSQL Database Administrator within our SQL Server Database Administration group.
Primary skills needed include Scripting Windows Batch and Powershell, troubleshooting and strategically resolving database integrity issues, performance issues, blocking and deadlocking issues, replication issues, log shipping issues, connectivity issues, security issues etc.
Performance Tuning, Query Optimization, using Performance Monitor, SQL Profiler and other related monitoring and troubleshooting tools.
Day to Day Responsibilities
- Oversee and strategically administer SQL Server Databases
- Create, test, and implement scripting for Windows Batch and Powershell
- Lead troubleshooting and resolving database integrity issues, performance issues, blocking and deadlocking issues, indexing issues, replication issues, log shipping issues, connectivity issues, security issues etc.
- Strategically conduct performance tuning, performance monitoring, and other related monitoring and troubleshooting tasks.
- Document processes and procedures
- Provide SQL Database operational support and leadership to technical users
- Create, document, and test backup and recovery procedures
- Provide resolution of database performance problems
- Implementing operational automation.
- Knowledge of how indexes, index management, integrity checks, configuration, patching, how statistics work, how indexes are stored, how they can be created and managed effectively.
- Knowledge of SQL Server tools)
- Documentation skills for processes and procedures
- SQL Database Operational support to technical users
- Skills in database performance factors, monitoring tools and tuning procedures
- Database Management skills, including backup and recovery procedures
- Skills in productivity factors and ability to understand impact of problem on overall database performance
- Knowledge of fault detection and resolution processes
- Skills in maintenance tools and procedures
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: BS degree and 8 – 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 – 10 years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain.
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective January 18, 2022, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.