Leidos is currently seeking a Chief Pilot, that will travel to the UAE \, to support the CLS-A program. The Chief Pilot will establish, direct and manage Foreign Military Sales functional check pilot program at a foreign deployed location. The Chief Pilot is responsible to the Flight Operations Manager. Overall project management will include supervision of deployed subcontractor aircrew members for aerial transportation and functional check flights in support maintenance requirements. Will analyze current and future maintenance problems and identify functional check flights aircrew member’s requirements. Working with the Flight Operations Manager will produce products and processes which support overall program and functional check flight objectives, safety, standardization, and aircrew management. Maintains currency in technical developments, technical training, quality assurance, project management policies and regulatory compliance. Military-style maintenance management is the focal point of this program, thus military maintenance flight experience and organizational skills are highly desired. The Chief Pilot shall be responsible for oversight of all flight activities in the Pilatus PC-12/47 E and Mi-17v1/v5 aircraft. This position is a 60/60 rotation working opposite of Mi17 Chief Pilot with shared responsibilities.The ideal candidate will work and travel in between customer sites as needed; customer sites include Kandahar, Kabul and Mazar-e Sharif, Afghanistan.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Maintain qualification, currency and proficiency in the Pilatus PC-12/47E or Mi17.
• Responsible for PC-12/47E and Mi17 Maintenance Functional Check Flights management
• Provide oversight for the PC-12/47E Maintenance Engine Ground Run Program
• Serve as senior pilot/standardization officer for all crew members and is responsible for ensuring qualification, currency and proficiency of all assigned aircrew
• Responsible to ensure all assigned aircrew comply with applicable service guidance, regulations, training manuals and other associated authoritative documents
• Responsible for the development and program compliance with the Flight Operating Procedures (FOP)
• Responsible for the advising/mentoring of host nation military aircrew
• Responsible for coordinating with Government Flight Representative (GFR) and ensuring compliance with DCMA 8210
• Must be a US Citizen
• Must have a Bachelor’s degree from a certified college with at least 12 years of related experience
• Must have relevant certification on the PC-12/47E and / or Mi17
• Must possess at a minimum a FAA Commercial SEL or commercial helicopter certificate
• Must possess a FAA Class II Medical Certificate
• Must have at least 1,500 hours of flight experience
• Must possess an active security clearance at the SECRET level, or higher
• Must be a graduate of US Military Instructor Pilot course or civilian equivalent
Program Specific Requirements:
As the position location is in Abu Dhabi, the following requirements need to be met:
NACI required prior to deployment and within 30 days of start date.
Must be able to pass/qualify all CENTCOM medical and training requirements
Active passport with a minimum of 18 months before expiration prior to start date.
Completion of Customer required International Readiness Certifications prior to deployment.
Failure to complete any of these actions within 60 days of accept will result in rescinding of the offer. If the candidate is unable to pass the medical screening after the start date and prior to deployment an immediate administrative termination will be requested.
• Graduate of a US DoD Military Flying Training Program
• Prior PIC experience in Pilatus PC-12/47E or Mi17
• Prior experience as a flight instructor to international students
• US Military Standardization Instructor Pilot or Maintenance Pilot
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.