Leidos’ Security Detection & Automation operation has a career opportunity for a C++ Software Developer.
Driven by our talented workforce, the Security Detection and Automation Operation is the cornerstone of Leidos’ comprehensive suite of fully integrated security detection and automation solutions for aviation, ports and borders, and critical infrastructure customers around the world, with more than 24,000 products deployed across 120 countries. Leidos is positioned to address emerging and evolving threats through rapid development of innovative solutions for our global customers.
We are looking for an Object-Oriented C++ developer responsible for developing applications for our distributed turn-key systems. Working under general supervision in a small team environment, your primary responsibility will be to modify, develop, and troubleshoot multi-tiered distributed applications and systems. The duties and responsibilities may change from time to time without notice and include but are not limited to the duties described below.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable C++ code using good OOP/OOAD techniques for our systems.
- Optimize, identify bottlenecks, bugs, and devise solutions to these problems.
- Help maintain code quality, revision control and organization.
- Analyze customer issues and identify and implement solutions.
- Participate and contribute within a defined software development process.
- Minimum Education Level: Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Advanced degree is a plus.
- Candidate must have 4+ years of relevant experience.
- Understanding of fundamental features of OOP/OOAD.
- Good understanding of data structures, algorithms, and software design solutions.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Occasional traveling to customer sites as required.
- Some proficiency in C++ .
- QT or other GUI experience.
- Knowledge of multi-threading in c++ applications.
- languages such Python, Java, Shell scripting, etc.
- Knowledge of the standard libraries, STL containers, and algorithms.
- Proficient understanding of code revision tools.
- Familiarity with code analysis tools such as valgrind and gdb.
- Familiarity with distributed systems and network architecture.
- Familiar with SQL (PostgreSQL and plus).
- Some understanding of requirements management.
- Some understanding of software testing, and creation of test plans and procedures.
- Some understanding of multithreaded programming.
- Some working knowledge of Linux operating systems.
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective January 18, 2022, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.