The Government Health and Safety Solutions Operation is hiring a Task Manager to support a large healthcare contract for customer located at Washington DC. We are seeking a technical manager to manage multiple projects to directly lead some and provide oversight on others. The application portfolio includes Microservices Architecture, Java Spring web applications, Java web services, Java Batches, PostgreSQL database, and COBOL mainframe systems with DB2 database. The nature of projects include either developing new web applications or performing modernization of legacy web applications and mainframe applications, in a fast paced development environment. Conversion of mainframe applications to a distributed cloud native technology stack will be one of the major effort. The candidate will be responsible to closely work with customer to discuss scope and establish project budget working with the program leadership team. Applicant must demonstrate the ability to work independently or under only general direction. Applicant must provide management direction to system and software engineers in completing tasks working closely with the architecture team. Experience should include familiarity with standard lifecycle processes and tools, and leading a team in a software development environment. Excellent oral and written communication skills, strong teamwork, ability to multi-task and a strong commitment to client service.
Strong experience leading development projects on J2EE Technologies. Strong conceptual knowledge on Spring framework, Spring Boot, Microservice Architecture (MSA), ETL architecture, Web Services, Apache Tomcat, PostgreSQL, and Linux. Working knowledge in AWS cloud environment is strongly desired. Experience strategizing legacy systems (web and mainframe) modernization efforts with a transition plan that optimizes system continuity, development resources and the overall budget. Any experience leading efforts on mainframe COBOL/JCL batches conversion to the ETL based processes using AWS native tooling is a huge plus for this role. The candidate will ensure conversion of mission critical requirements into the enterprise systems solutions that account for design and technology maturity constraints of the system. Candidate will be responsible for taking projects through customer governance process from inception to the implementation. Requires experience in the following areas: project planning, governance reviews, EVM metrics, monthly status reports, and corrective action plans. Candidate must demonstrate experience with scheduling, facilitating design and development meetings, tracking and resolving issues, inspection management, configuration management, change management, process management, risk management, and requirements management. Experience with building customer relationships to prioritize and analyze system issues. Candidate must have excellent verbal and written communication skills. Working knowledge with federal customer is a plus.
Specific requirements for this position include:
- Proven skill and experience in project management, managing people, project planning and coordination of daily activities, data analysis, constructive reporting, project management techniques and tools for a contract of similar size and complexity
- Demonstrated experience having authority and accountability for meeting all contract deliverables and requirements within budget and the use of appropriate tools to track project deliverables such as project plans, and timelines.
- Demonstrated experience and skills in excellent oral and written communication spanning executives to the general public.
- Proven skill and experience in critical-thinking, innovation, and problem-solving, recommending successful solutions, including the planning and implementation of such solutions.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively in a multiple Contractor environment.
- Prior Experience managing projects in the following areas is a plus: web-applications, mainframe applications, mainframe modernization, ETL implementations.
- Work closely with Program CTO and the architecture team on detailing roadmap for legacy web applications modernization and mainframe systems modernization.
- Propose individual milestone based project efforts to achieve end state modernization and take the projects through the governance process for customer approval.
- Provide oversight to other technical project leads to prepare project schedule and other governance materials.
- Define the requirements of projects, build project teams, lays out a blue print for projects including the project scope and parameters, and clearly communicates the goals of the project to the team.
- Make project schedules with assigned tasks according to agree upon time frames. A key responsibility is to execute the approved plan and ensure that it is monitored and make course correction as needed.
- Lead the team towards success. Provide direction and make them understand what is expected of them.
- The Task Manager is the link between the Federal product owner, the development team and the Program Manager.
- Responsibilities include coordinating and transferring all the relevant information from the Federal product owners to the team and reporting to the Program Manager and Program CTO.
- The Task Manager will work closely with analysts, software designers and other staff members and communicate the goals of the project.
- The Task Manager will guide the team at every step and ensure that the team has cohesion.
- Liaise with business users to elicit requirements and translate them to system requirements and work with development team to define technical solutions.
- Lead team meetings and report status and follow-up of action items that are assigned to the group.
- Conduct system design activities and reviews of detailed application module specifications, data models, ETL graphs and other software components.
- Review existing system architecture and ensure that technical solutions adhere to the target architecture. Participate in engineering reviews and recommend improvements.
- Scrutinize change requests to determine the magnitude of work done and estimate the level of effort.
- Responsible for design, and the implementation plan of end-to-end integrated systems.
- Responsible for balanced and focused development of systems and its maintenance.
- Hold others accountable for deliverables that are due to them in order for them to meet their work deadlines and complete their assignments.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
BS degree and 8-12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6-10 years of prior relevant experience. Experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective January 18, 2022, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.