Leidos is seeking a Systems Administrator who will be responsible for the configuration, administration, support and maintenance of systems for 25 networks, including associated hardware. Requires monitoring and updating current and new network systems, implementing critical system patches, scheduling O&M activities, and coordination of all customer related issues. The candidate must be able to work in a high energy environment and adapt to shifting priorities.
The Systems Administrator on the program performs the following duties:
- Candidate is the resident expert on the project’s IT operating and network systems, computing hardware platforms, and network administration. Daily duties include O&M of virtual environments, patching, updating anti-virus and resolving security vulnerabilities.
- Develop functional requirements through interaction with end-users and coordinates with development team on systematic enhancements or changes.
- Provide system and application diagnoses to re mediate issues while engaging other teams as needed
- Requires BS degree and at least 4 years of prior relevant experience or Master’s with 2 years of prior relevant experience or 8 years’ experience in lieu of degree
- Must have a TS/SCI with poly to be considered
- Excellent written and communication skills required: excellent customer service aptitude.
- Must be available for on-call support as required.
- Experience managing Microsoft Windows 2012 R2 in a medium/large (500+ systems) domain environment
- Day-to-day fluency using Microsoft Active Directory to manage policies & user objects.
- Experience administering and using Microsoft Windows 2012 R2 and Microsoft Windows Enterprise 10.
- Knowledge of security policies and general vulnerabilities management.
- Possess and maintain one of the following certifications: MTA-IT, A +, Network +, or Security +.
* As a condition of employment, this position requires the candidate pass both a customer required medical and psychological screening
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.