Leidos is seeking candidates for the position of .NET developer supporting the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) Data Warehouse (HDW) in Bethesda, MD.
As the Nation’s public health agency, HRSA’s mission is to provide direct and indirect resources to see to the health care needs of the medically under-served in the United States. In order to do so, HRSA requires extensive data on population, income, existing health care resources, the health workforce, as well as various other types of contextual data. Data are stored in the HDW repository and published to the HRSA intranet and the internet via numerous web applications, mobile applications, business intelligence dashboards, data services, and other mechanisms.
Qualifications the candidate must have:
- BS or MS in CS or a related field (or equivalent experience);
- Five years or more of experience of developing web-based applications with C# or other OO language;
- Understanding of the software development lifecycle, strong analysis skills, experience in designing, developing, implementing testing .NET based applications;
- Specific development experience with .Net Core, MVC, API;
- Experience with relational databases including strong SQL skills, design patterns, etc.;
- Demonstrated experience with code quality tools such as SonarQube
- Familiarity with source control, defect tracking, debugging etc.;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment both independently and in a team;
- Flexible and able to adapt to new processes and requirements in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to manage workload within multiple projects, delivering results within agreed deadlines;
- Proactively demonstrate new ideas and innovation.
The candidate should possess the following skills:
- Experience working with C# and .NET
- Experience with Visual Studio 2017 IDE and Git/Bitbucket code repository
- Experience working with SQL Server 2017.
- Extensive knowledge for JQuery and Ajax.
- Experience with Agile software development methodology.
- Exposure to SSIS and a plus.
- Experience with ESRI’s GIS software a plus.
- Experience CMMI Level-4 processes a plus.
- Knowledge of Angular JS and .NET Core a plus
- Experience or understanding of web security a plus
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
U.S. citizenship or permanent resident status and the ability to pass a background investigation is required. Candidates will be required to sign and adhere to data use agreements on an annual basis.
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective January 18, 2022, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.