The Physical Security Specialist provides general physical security knowledge with an emphasis in physical and/or industrial security for NGA’s SISG Division. Employee will assists in planning and managing the overall efficiency and effectiveness of SCIF accreditation and oversight operations. The position supports with accredit, re-accredit, and de-accredit sensitive compartmented information facilities (SCIFs). The position requires familiarity with the ICD 705 Directive.
- Primary resource (organic and electronic) custodian for the Industrial and Physical Security Programs.
- Ensure that all contractor areas CONUS and OCONUS have met all DoD and IC standards for processing, handling and storing Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) and Collateral classified information prior to formal accreditation as a Sensitive Compartmented Information Facility (SCIF) or security area.
- Analyze complex physical security issues and provide cost-effective recommendations that meet policy requirements.
- Prepare and review Fixed Facility Checklists and documentation supporting the SCIF accreditation process, compartmented area approval and secure area approval process.
- Draft, review, and maintain internal policy documents, standard operating procedures, and instructional handouts pertaining to Physical and Industrial Security.
- Evaluate and provide written impact statements and make recommendations when deviations from standards are discovered for all SCIFs and collateral areas both government and contractor CONUS and OCONUS.
- Provide security recommendations and guidance for new facilities and those to be renovated.
- Perform site security surveys to determine if facilities meet requirements for SCIF accreditation.
- Inspect and provide guidance and oversight for the management of government and industry SCIFs and Collateral Areas.
- Provide recommendations to accredit and de-accredit SCIFS, Compartmented Areas, and Collateral Areas in support of the Life Cycle Management efforts.
- Manage and oversee the SCIF and Collateral Area lifecycle from concept to completion, planning and construction, operation and management, and mission conclusion.
- Reference and use DoD and IC security directives, instructions, standards, and guidelines to enforce compliance and mitigate security risks.
- Familiarity with ICD 705 and SCIF accreditation processes and requirements.
- Provide oversight and audit key and lock, GSA container, and alarm testing and maintenance programs in accordance with applicable DoD and IC policy requirements.
- Provide expert guidance that is compliant with existing standards (e.g. access control, intrusion detection systems, locks, destruction devices, secure phones, etc.).
- Manage and operate associated Helpdesk and customer service phone lines, email accounts and messages along with other social media applications between the hours of 0800 to 1600. Adjustment of hours or operation may be adjusted to accommodate operational and mission needs for Physical and Industrial Security needs.
- Bachelors or equivalent experience in a related field with a minimum of 7 years to include >2 years within DoD/IC.
- Must have ability to travel.
- ICD 705 Certification
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.