The Life Sciences Operation of the Health Group of Leidos is seeking a Biomedical Data Scientist who will provide technical support to the Congressionally Directed Medical Research Programs (CDMRP). The CDMRP supports research projects within a broad range of medical research fields and military health. The Biomedical Data Scientist will work across several medical and/or military research programs in support of various clients at the CDMRP. This is NOT a laboratory research position. This position requires a U.S. citizen in order to obtain a U.S. Department of Defense security clearance. This position is located in Frederick, Maryland. Some local travel is required.
- Perform extensive quality control procedures on client data
- Populate SQL database with client data accurately and efficiently
- Respond to team member requests regarding data prior to client scientific meetings
- Interact with team members to ensure client expectations are met in a timely manner
- Execute and update Standard Operating Procedures pertaining to data quality control
- Develop and test new database features prior to release to the client
- Conduct analyses of scientific research portfolio data and research outcomes and assemble data to prepare tables, graphs, and slides
- Draft a variety of scientific materials including research highlights
- Provide scientific notetaking support by recording critical information from scientific meetings and writing comprehensive meeting reports
Successful candidates will possess:
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- The ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Proficiency with data analysis software (SQL, Access, Workbench)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience in both online and back-end PHP development
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
A Master's degree in the biomedical or computer sciences from an accredited college or university, with 1-2 years related experience is desired.
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective January 18, 2022, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.