Looking for an opportunity to make an impact?
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainable. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
Your greatest work is ahead!
We are in search of a Site Operations Lead. The role will include overseeing operations in Clarksburg, WV, including alignment and prioritization to customer mission and to ensure meeting of contract and program staffing and performance requirements. Providing technical expertise, support, guidance, and recommendations to design, deploy and support solutions for a primarily virtualized Linux environment. This person should be well versed in Electronic Biometric Transmission Specification (EBTS), Red Hat products such as Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7, Windows 2016, Redhat Vritualization and NetApp storage.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
Leidos Defense Group provides a diverse portfolio of systems, solutions, and services covering land, sea, air, space, and cyberspace for customers worldwide. Solutions for Defense include enterprise and mission IT, large-scale intelligence systems, command and control, geospatial and data analytics, cybersecurity, logistics, training, and intelligence analysis and operations support. Our team is solving the world’s toughest security challenges for customers with “can’t fail” missions. To explore and learn more, click here!
Are you ready to make an impact? Begin your journey of a flourishing and meaningful career, share your resume with us today!
- Main responsibility will be to oversee operations in Clarksburg, WV, including alignment and prioritization to customer mission and to ensure meeting of contract and program staffing and performance requirements.
- End-to-end understanding and support of the biometric mission, including DFSC BOD and external customers.
- Task planning, preparation, execution, and establishing baseline/metrics. Strategic planning.
- Interface with government staff, continual interface and coordination with PM and DFSC BOD.
- Systems documentation, systems performance monitoring, systems availability monitoring and patching.
- Perform in depth independent trouble shooting on the ABIS system, its core software and infrastructure. Expected to resolve outages / failed services independently, or leading a group of more junior technicians in trouble shooting efforts.
- Ability to research and resolve trouble tickets from ABIS users concerning data failures (failure to process) broken scripts / processes and data queries
- Ability to manage and lead projects within the ABIS environment. (Such as: deployment of new image to all workstations, create / manage Active Directory accounts to (to include PKI data) for all ABIS users, etc)
- Perform system vulnerability management and remediation of systems.
- Implement DISA STIGS on applicable systems.
- Experience managing Windows workstations, Windows Server 2008 thru 2016 using WSUS and SCCM, Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 and NetApp storage.
- Experience supporting enterprise server hardware (Dell)
Required Experience, Skills, and Education:
- Must have 9+ years of relevant experience
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering (additional work experience and / or technical certifications can be substituted for college degree)
- Active DoD Secret or Top Secret Security Clearance
- Must possess demonstrable expertise with DoD ABIS and DFSC BOD biometric operations
- Must possess demonstrable expertise with the Red Hat productions mentioned above
- Must be DOD 8570 certified or obtain required certificates within 60 days of start date.
- Must be able to obtain DOJ clearance to access the FBI Campus - CJIS Site, in Clarksville, WV.
Preferred Experience, Skills, and Education:
- Experience with AWS cloud services and automation
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective January 18, 2022, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.