Leidos is looking to improve and advance our organization. Our program is focused on the delivery of end-user centric IT technology solution to our Centers of Medicare and Medicaid (CMS) customer where we are challenged to provide ongoing innovative and seamless experience while using CMS systems, applications and solutions, provide proactive secure development of IT integrations, concepts, and designs across the CMS enterprise and integrate end-user computing devices, conference room technology, infrastructure hardware and software, and user applications into a streamlined and seamless experience across the CMS user base. We foster a positive end-user experience while ensuring protection of the data.
As a Warehouse / Personal Computer Support Technician you will be responsible for planning, scheduling and managing movement of materials from receipt of materials in warehouse to deploying inventory into production. You will be responsible for planning and managing material movement with purchasing, asset management and the field technicians deploying assets into the customer environment. As well as providing on-site and remote supports for computer workstations, printers, peripherals, and teleconferencing equipment. In this position, you are expected to poses exceptional communication skills, technical, and analytical skills. This challenging position requires an individual with demonstrated experience in resolving technical client support in a service desk setting, ability to perform technical troubleshooting and provide data analysis to determine root causes of application issues. You will work closely with other members of the Customer Support Service team as well as Product Development team to remediate reported client issues in a timely and professional manner. The successful team player will be knowledgeable of all products and expected to be a contributor to new product features and product testing. You are expected to troubleshoot problem areas (in person, by telephone, or via e-mail) in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide in-person, hands-on assistance at the desktop level.
Under the direction of the program management, you will be responsible, to include, but not limited to:
- Responsible for tasking and support of the CMS Office of the Human Capital (OHC)
- Responsible for the new employee setups and moves of IT equipment.
- Manage the inventory of all materials stored in the warehouse.
- Organize and maintain warehouse equipment and materials in a neat, clean and orderly fashion.
- Pulling and preparing products for shipment, ensuring that exact number and type of products is loaded and shipped.
- Perform asset picking duties in an efficient manner.
- Monitor inventory levels to ensure that proper stock levels are maintained to support customer and the program needs.
- Receive parts, maintain inventory, and check-out parts as needed to Technicians and Engineers.
- Responsible for loading and unloading shipments and transporting parts between different locations.
- This position involves frequent lifting of materials and products.
- Perform all functions related to inbound and outbound shipments of materials received and shipped by the company, which includes adding the materials to pallets, preparing the pallets for shipment, verifying correct material amounts prior to shipping, the creation and tracking of packing slips, unloading trucks, inspecting material for damage, reviewing paperwork, and in-checking materials.
- Maintain a spare parts inventory in the warehouse.
- Ensure the warehouse areas are clean, orderly and safe work environment.
- Administer property management within the warehouse and work closely with the program Asset Manager to ensure continual accountability of government, and company property in accordance with applicable FAR and government regulations or corporate policy.
- Maintain property accountability records, determines condition, and arranges disposal of surplus or obsolete material or equipment.
- Provide support for all shipments, excess, storage, acknowledge all deliveries of accountable-property, and update information in the centralized database to maintain database integrity.
- Perform contracting activities, to include initiating and maintain government property disposition process and documentation requirements.
- Provide superior customer service support.
In addition responsibilities will include but not limited to the following:
- Install, configure, troubleshoot, repair, and test a variety of technology equipment in a multi-vendor environment to include but not limited to computer workstations, printers, peripherals, and teleconferencing equipment in accordance with the program policies, procedures and Knowledge Base Articles (KBAs).
- Field incoming help requests from end users via service requests but as required also telephone and e-mail in a courteous manner and provide assistance in person as well as remotely.
- Document all pertinent end user identification information, including name, location, contact information, and nature of problem or issue within ITSM tool in real-time manner.
- Resolve issues quickly, and maintain a high level of end-user confidence.
- Perform software and hardware upgrades & repairs to existing equipment using current processes and provide recommendations for improvements.
- Train users in accordance with the existing Knowledge Base Articles (KBA) on the proper use of hardware, software, and mobile devices.
- Monitor end user asset performance and take appropriate proactive corrective action whenever necessary.
- Identifies potential problems and understands when problems exist without being prompted.
- Works individually, actively participates on integrated teams.
- Responsible for investigating various computer hardware and software issues independently and with the assistance of peers, vendors, and manufacturer support.
- Analyzes root causes and resolves issues.
- Ability to work after hours or weekends on an as needed basis to provide support which includes the ability to be on-call for emergency support.
- Associate Degree with 3+ years of experience. Additional years of relevant experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Minimum 2 years of experience working with PC Hardware and Software
- Experience with 1 or more Windows or Mac products
- Proficient in current Microsoft technologies including software, operating systems, group policy, etc.
- Hands-on experience in troubleshooting Microsoft Office Suite 2016 (Outlook, Visio, Project, etc.) and Microsoft Windows (7, 8.1, 10) with the end users.
- Must be customer oriented. Solving customer problems in a timely manner, and informing the customer of problem resolution in a clear manner.
- Must be proficient and effectively manage the storage of materials and the management of stock control, accounting warehousing, location surveys and inventories.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently to perform responsibilities effectively and efficiently.
- Strong inventory control skills.
- Experience in record keeping in the ServiceNow ITSM tool, a plus.
- Experience with and ability to operate material handling equipment.
- Must be capable of repetitive lifting of up to 75 lbs; must be able to stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- Must be capable of sitting, standing, and walking for extended periods of time.
- Must be capable of bending over for extended periods.
- Strong sense of urgency; flexibility in meeting deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail and quality.
- Provide a valid driver’s license.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
All candidates supporting the CMS programs must have lived in the United States at least three (3) out of the last five (5) years prior in order to be considered.
- A passion for quality and excellence.
- Demonstrated commitment to continuous professional growth.
- Competency in ServiceNow ITSM tool.
- Initiative-Driven, pursuing goals beyond what is required or expected.
- Experience working in agile environment utilizing JIRA.
Technical Certifications in any one of: MCP, Dell/EMC, CompTia A+, Network+, Server+
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective January 18, 2022, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.