NISC has an opening for a Construction Project Engineer to support the Federal Aviation Administration at 21 Air Route Traffic Control Centers (ARTCCs) throughout the United States. The Construction Project Engineer will be responsible for supporting EnRoute Facilities project team members in executing construction project(s) and to ensure that the work performed is in conformance with the project objectives and the requirements of the specification documents. Primary areas of responsibility include cost and schedule management support, reviewing design documents and facility condition assessment reports, document control, verification of as-builts, supporting quality control, supporting site safety, and following up on closeout documentation. Positions are located in the specified ARTCCs and may require periodic travel (10%).
The Construction Project Engineer will be responsible for supporting EnRoute Facilities project team members in executing construction project(s) and to ensure that the work performed is in conformance with the project objectives and the requirements of the specification documents. Primary areas of responsibility include cost and schedule management support, reviewing design documents and facility condition assessment reports, document control, verification of as-builts, supporting quality control, supporting site safety, and following up on closeout documentation. Positions are located in the specified ARTCCs and may require periodic travel (10%).
- A Bachelors or Master’s degree in Architecture, Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Construction Management/Administration and 4+ years of experience managing or working on construction and facility projects including field experience and oversight through planning and execution phases. Additional years’ of relevant experience may be substituted for degree.
- Ability to prepare and provide to the customer briefing packages for Program Management Reviews (PMR), En Route Facilities and Building Systems (EFaBS) meetings, Project Management Plans, Schedules, and various pop-up requirements
- Ability to track and report costs, schedule, and technical performance on projects and help identify potential issues at the program and project levels
- Ability to develop Project Management Plans(PMPs) and establish scheduling reports
- Participate in meetings to discuss project execution, schedules, technical performance, and provide recommendations for improvements, as appropriate.
- Ability to provide and ensure consistency and accuracy in administering procedures at the project level and in the reporting of project data
- Experience in conducting research on specified topics, determining conclusions, and presenting the results in a logical and concise manner
- Experience in reviewing and comparing reports and summarizing them for upper management
- Ability to organize and gather data, conduct analysis, prepare reports and organized documentation without assistance
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work as a part of a specialized team that handles various aspects of project management and coordinate the work if needed.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States and pass FAA screening for positions of public trust.
- Familiarity with FAA Technical Operations.
- Knowledge of and experience in FAA ARTCCs.
- Familiarity with building systems including HVAC, Electrical, Mechanical, Plumbing, Control Systems, Fire and Annunciation alarm systems, and local construction codes
- Familiarity with the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) and systems in the National Airspace System (NAS)
- Ability to develop cost estimates and validate external cost estimates from vendors
- Experience using Project Management principles for managing construction projects
- Experience using Lean/Six Sigma principles and tools for process improvements
- Experience using Lean Construction methodologies
- Skilled in the use of database management and project management software
- Knowledge of and experience managing FAA Knowledge Sharing Network (KSN)
- Experience in conducting effective technical presentations to management and tactful coordination with a variety of project stakeholders
- Experience in assessing and identifying construction projects potential risks, and implementing processes and procedures to ensure safety and financial prosperity of the organization
- Experience in collecting and analyzing data in order to estimate time, cost, materials, and labor required for construction projects.
Pay Range:Pay Range $65,000.00 - $100,000.00 - $135,000.00
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective January 18, 2022, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.