CMAware Baseline Manager
The selected candidate will join a high performing agile team that uses the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) methodology to support a nationally significant and fast-paced program. Program execution follows DEVOPS best practices and employs robust development, test, and production environments. Test Driven Development (TDD) and test automation tools are utilized alongside a full suite of team collaboration tools. The program is focused on injecting new technology and adding advanced capabilities in support of an on-going operational system.
The selected individual will be responsible for providing technical support for a custom/proprietary Configuration Management (CM) system. The ideal candidate will have recent, comprehensive experience in developing complex technical solutions and integrating tools for system CM following configuration management best practices. This position will include evaluating, developing, and administering a custom configuration baseline application that compares multiple baselines to identify divergent configurations. The individual will assist in engineering and administering the application, developing baseline configurations, and writing rules to compare them. The individual will work with system administrators to ensure proper monitoring is in place to generate baseline configurations for systems. She/he must possess high energy, have a passion for CM, and be self-motivated. The environment demands the ability to quickly establish solid working relationships with coworkers and customers to effectively integrate into a complex technical program with many moving parts.
Primary Roles and Responsibilities
- Develop a standard for baseline configuration, including software and hardware configurations
- Work with systems administrators to implement baseline monitoring capabilities on mission-critical systems
- Collaborate with software developers to engineer and enhance the CMAware tool for generating rules to compare baselines
- Define and implement processes, policies, and procedures to maintain proper version control of hardware and software products
- Provide support to project teams in configuring and baselining hardware and software products
- Create software product build scripts and procedures, and integrate those scripts with the hardware and software build process
- Participate in development and administration of tool training sessions
- Design, code, test, run, and deliver CM/baseline/configuration/anomaly reports, as required
- Identify and report non-compliance situations
- Facilitate and perform audits of controlled configuration items, as required
- Review and recommend improvements to existing systems and processes
- Bachelor's degree in System Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering Science, Engineering Management, or a related field and at least eight (8) years of related experience is required.
- At least three (3) years of experiencing designing, developing, and administering large integrated systems
- Experience analyzing technical system architecture and system configurations
- Experience tracking software, hardware, and configuration status for software development systems, test environments, and operational sites
- Experience in software development – Java, Python, etc.
- Experience in system design and development
- Understanding of automation tools such as SaltStack and vRealize
- Experience developing innovative approaches and solutions to COTS tool integration efforts
- Experience developing and maintaining installation procedures and documenting standard configuration settings for hardware and software systems
- Ability to multi-task, complete tasks without direct supervision, and function effectively in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to successfully work and communicate with and adapt to personnel at all levels and technical disciplines (software developers, test engineers, system engineers, etc.)
- Experience with Agile development methodologies
- Experience with team collaboration tools (Confluence, SharePoint, OneNote, etc.)
- Experience with software configuration management tools (Jenkins, Git, Maven, Eclipse, etc.)
- Understanding of configuration management best practices
- Must be an independent thinker capable of working independently as well as within a team
- Must have excellent verbal and written skills
- Experience with Rational Team Concert or IBM Engineering Lifecycle Management
- Experience working in an Agile/SAFe program team environment
- Extensive experience with large, geographically diverse programs/systems
- Ability to support limited local and domestic travel for short periods of time to non-hostile locations
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective January 18, 2022, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.