Leidos is looking for a Scrum Master to join a high performing agile team using the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) methodology to support a nationally significant and fast-paced cryptographic key management program. Program execution follows DEVOPS best practices and employs robust development, test and production environments. We are using Test Driven Development (TDD) and test automation tools alongside a full suite of team collaboration tools. Leidos is the prime contractor providing system engineering, development, test, integration and operational support. This new 5 year program is focused on injecting new technology and adding advanced capabilities while continuing to support an on-going mission and operational system.
This role requires an Agile Scrum Master to work in large-scale software and hardware integration effort. The selected candidate will be responsible for facilitating one or more small agile development teams as part of a larger Agile Release Train (ART) delivering value to the customer using Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) as the agile framework. He/she will help educate the self-organizing team in Scrum or Kanban to ensure that the agreed agile process are being followed. He/she will help remove impediments and foster an environment for high-performing team dynamics, continuous flow, and relentless improvement. The selected candidate will work with team members to ensure that the team’s commitments at the Program Increment (PI) Planning are met. He/she will facilitate horizontal communication across team members to identify any impediments that may prevent team progress while working mitigation plans as needed. The selected candidate will be responsible for sensing, determining when issues need to be analyzed or triaged. Strong attention to detail and focus on task completion is critical.
Primary Roles and Responsibilities
- Responsible for facilitating a self-organizing team or teams to ensure the team is making progress against its Program Increment commitments
- Protects the team from scope creep during execution of the PI
- Removes impediments for the team and raises larger issues to the Release Train Engineer
- Helps other team members communicate, coordinate, and cooperate
- Supports and enforces Scrum process and other rules
- Ensures that the team has a clear understanding of Definition of Done and how to meet it
- Helps the team coordinate with other teams on the Agile Release Train (ART) and communicates status to management as needed
- Works with the Product Owner to review and prioritize features
- Leads and facilitates SAFe ceremonies to include sprint planning, sprint review, demos, sprint retro, and PI planning
- Works with Product Owner to develop User Stories to meet the Feature acceptance criteria
- Maintains and generates information radiators for the teams
- Collects and shares team metrics with the team, suggest new metrics, and drives improvement using metrics
- Coaches the team on agile and scrum principles with the goal of continuous improvement
- Observes team dynamics, recognize strengths and weaknesses of individual team member's contributions, and coach the team as a whole to improve
- Creates a fun sharing and learning environment, experimenting with various ideas to improve delivery including pair-programming and cross-functional training
- Promotes teamwork to achieve sprint goals
- Leads the teams towards agile maturity
- Bachelor’s Degree in System Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering Science, Engineering Management, or a related field and at least 2 years of related experience or a Master’s Degree.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university and at least two (2) years of relevant work experience
- Experience in working as a Scrum Master or Team Lead for a software development or similar technical team
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM), SAFe Scrum Master (SSM) or similar agile project management certification (PMI-ACP)
- Experience using agile project management tools (e.g. Jira, VersionOne, Rallye, IBM RTC)
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills, and time management skills are a must
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced environment, across diverse systems and groups
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field such as System Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering Science, Engineering Management, or related discipline
- Experience working in a software development environment
- Experience working within an Agile program
- Experience using SAFe as the agile development methodology
- Experience or knowledge of with Kanban
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective January 18, 2022, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.