Looking for an opportunity to make an impact? Leidos is hiring customer service oriented Tier 1 Service Desk agents to provide efficient and accurate customer service and technical support in a 365x24x7 Service Desk.
Schedule: 5 days a week, no overtime. Shifts will vary. A rotation of working holidays will be expected.
The selected candidate will provide professional, courteous, resourceful support to all incoming calls. Agents will be required to make outbound calls to service members advising them of a Department of Defense initiative regarding psychological care opportunities/coaching along with taking inbound calls from service members or their family requesting counseling sessions or program information. Occasionally there will be calls from service members in crisis and those calls will be documented with a warm transfer to a licensed professional to assist the caller. This position does not require the customer service representative to counsel these individuals, just document the call and the transfer to the VA crisis line.
Personnel must be proficient in relevant computer applications, customer service principles and practices, contact center telephony and technology. Attention to detail is necessary to manage complexity of contact. Proven ability to perform in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple tasks at once.
Location: Albuquerque, NM - Onsite at Leidos office
- Adhere to approved Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), written or otherwise
- Remain on queue and available to assist end users during specified shift, excluding approved breaks, lunches, or off queue time approved by your Team Lead
- Utilize instant messaging for communication between peers and leads for assistance (refrain from leaving assigned desk for communication as much as possible)
- Provide first level End User contact and resolution
- Obtains customer information by answering telephone calls and emails
- Guide users through setting up appointment
- Follow communication “scripts” when handling different topics
- Properly diagnose issues and route unresolved issues to the next level of support
- Accurately document user’s information in ticketing system during and after each call
- High school diploma (some college preferred)
- 1+ years call center/customer service representative experience
- High volume customer service skills
- Strong phone handling skills
- Excellent communication skills and documentation skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage time effectively
- Comply with pre-determined and provided times allotted for work schedule, breaks and lunch.
- Must be flexible to work some nights, holidays and weekends
- Always remain professional and courteous when engaging end users
- Preferred skill with ticketing systems, (ServiceNow, etc.)
- Provide excellent customer service
- Provide excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Microsoft Office Suite experience
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective January 18, 2022, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.