This is where your legacy begins! The Leidos Technology Center (LTC) currently has an opening for a Mechanical Design Engineer to work in our Arlington, Virginia office. This is a highly dynamic and integrative environment in which talented and creative engineers can thrive working on a diverse array of multidisciplinary projects in its Electronic Warfare Division. We are seeking a broadly trained and highly motivated engineer for advanced technology programs focused on mechanical engineering from research and development to productization
- Support applied research and engineering development of solutions and products in across various projects for land-based, airborne, and/or space applications.
- Provides mechanical engineering leadership on new R&D and current designs as well as support sustaining production products.
- Work closely with the science and manufacturing departments to facilitate transition of innovative technology from the research stage to full production.
-Telecommuting options available.
- B.S. degree (M.S. Degree preferred) in Mechanical Engineering or related field from an accredited college/university with at least 8 years of experience as a mechanical design engineer
- Must be able to obtain a secret security clearance
- Experience in advanced electronics packaging, chip-to-ambient thermal resistance, materials, vibration & shock analysis, thermal simulation and cooling.
- Experience using SOLIDWORKS, PRO-E and/or NASTRAN CAD tools
- Experience working with cross functional development teams
- Motivated self-starter able to work under minimal supervision
- 5% travel may be required across the division and/or customer sites
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership of small technical teams and projects
- Experience with thermal management of next generation heterogeneous integrated circuits, chip-centric cooling techniques in harsh environments, and/or radiation shielding.
- Experience with modeling, analysis, and design of miniaturized electrical/mechanical components and assemblies.
- Experience with rapid prototyping techniques including 3D printing
- Experience with documentation packages for military products
- Familiarity with VITA VPX Circuit Card Assemblies
- Current Secret Security Clearance or above. Ability to get Top Secret Clearance in the future.
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective January 18, 2022, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.