Are you passionate about helping to transform the energy industry? Leidos enables utilities to keep pace with this ever-changing market while also reliably and efficiently generating and delivering energy. Our recognition as an industry leader is confirmed by the latest national rankings by Engineering News-Record (ENR) ranking Leidos within the Top 10 T&D Firms, and Top 10 Power Firms.
As a Substation Project Engineer within Leidos’ Power Delivery Services organization, you will lead a team of engineers, designers, and CAD technicians executing large-scale substation projects/programs performing substation physical calculations and designs.
Are you ready to make an impact? Begin your journey of a flourishing and meaningful career; share your resume with us today! Keep reading!
In this role, the qualified individual will be expected to do the following:
- Leading and managing greenfield and brownfield substation design projects
- Managing scope, schedule, and financial health of projects in collaboration with our project management organization
- Earning your Engineer in Training Certificate (EIT) and/or Professional Engineer License (PE)
- Participating in technical & non-technical training opportunities
- Mentoring and training of staff
- Serving as liaison to and managing our client relationships
- Performing and reviewing electrical power calculations
- Preparing and reviewing proposals, technical write-ups and project approach documents for small, medium and large projects. This includes preparation and review of comprehensive project scopes of work and accurate man-hour estimates.
- Interacting with other disciplines (Protection & Controls, Civil/Structural)
What you will bring to the table:
- B.S. or M.S. degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited university
- 4-8 years of prior relevant experience in utility substation engineering with a B.S. degree
- 2-6 years of prior relevant experience in utility substation engineering with a M.S. degree
- Prior experience leading projects and performing QA/QC reviews
- Prior experience training and mentoring staff
- Experience serving as firm-client liaison in a support and lead engineering role
- Comprehensive understanding of the utility grid (power generation, transmission and distribution) system and the theories and principles involved in substation engineering
WHAT WE DO
Leidos is a trusted and technology-focused solutions provider. Utilities and mobile operators rely on our Power Delivery Services Team for reliable power and telecommunication expertise, as reflected through our work with more than 50 investor-owned utilities, more than 160 municipals/cooperatives, as well as a growing number of mobile operators, local utility providers and private developers. In addition to providing engineering and project management services, Leidos works with an established group of industry-leading construction partners delivering meaningful Energy Delivery Solutions. Our recognition as an industry leader is confirmed by the latest national rankings by Engineering News-Record (ENR) ranking Leidos within the Top 10 T&D Firms, and Top 10 Power Firms. To explore and learn more, click here!
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainably. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
We take care of our employees. Leidos seeks the best and the brightest, and in return, we invest in you, with an eye on your future, through career advancement, growth opportunities and continuous improvement via mentoring, formal and informal project management training and assistance with obtaining pertinent certifications. We challenge you to help solve some of the world’s toughest problems, and reward you with a welcoming culture that recognizes the importance of a strong work/life balance, as well as competitive compensation and benefits. We believe that diversity and inclusion make us all better and offer the chance to have fun and make a difference.
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective January 18, 2022, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.