The Defense Group at Leidos seeks a Sr. Network Engineer to support the GSM-O II contract, based at Fort Meade, MD.
In this role, you will provide technical and logistical guidance to our government customer for multiple concurrent tasks and projects in an effort to support the planning and implementation of current and future projects.
While this role is primarily remote, one must live within driving distance of Ft. Meade, MD to be considered.
- Providing guidance and direction for Network Operations, Administration & Maintenance, and Network Assurance tasks.
- Managing multiple aspects of engineering tasks simultaneously
- Supporting engineering project progression, network operations, and management of support activities for Transport networks.
- Collaborating with key partners in various technologies to de-conflict efforts
- Becoming actively involved in daily operations when required to meet critical schedules or resolve complex problems.
- Bachelor’s Degree with 12 years of related experience or Master’s Degree with 10 years of related experience. (Additional experience may be considered in lieu of degree)
- Security+ Certification or equivalent DoD 8750 IAT level II certification
- Active DoD Secret Clearance with eligibility for a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI)
- Experience in network engineering, configuration management, problem management, and performance management
- Working knowledge of one or more network platforms: CIENA 6500, CIENA Corestream, Cisco NCS2K, CISCO MSPP 15454/15310, SYCAMORE ODXC 16K/9K, XTERA, Cisco routers, Juniper Routers, and other ancillary equipment.
Additional Desired Skills:
- Experience supervising or leading a team of Network Engineering professionals in an Operations environment.
- Experience understanding and managing customer expectations
- Experience coordinating with multiple technical and operational teams to achieve the necessary program, project or activity plans, and schedules while maintaining within budget guidelines.
- Strong understanding of the factors which allow successful performance on a Firm Fixed Performance Based Contracts with aggressive Acceptable Levels of Performance (ALPs) and ability to drive new projects to successfully transition into this type of contract environment.
- Experience in assigning tasks to contractor personnel that are located in multiple time zones, supervising on-going technical efforts, and managing contract performance on new task orders and projects identified by the customer.
- In-depth knowledge and practical experience implementing, administering, performing testing, and analyzing network systems
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.