The NISC IV program has openings for Human Resource Assistants to provide support to the Atlanta Shared Service Center.
Human Resource Assistants are responsible for processing a broad range of personnel and pay related actions for an organizational segment., as well as receive and review requests for personnel actions, and reviews and checks for existence and adequacy of supporting documents.
Specific duties for the position include:
- Process a broad range of personnel actions to include accessions; separations; position and pay changes; service/pay computation dates; and retirement, health insurance, life insurance, and other benefit forms
- Serve as liaison between FAA and the DOI Payroll Operations Division, utilizing a personnel and payroll actions data system to input and process a variety of actions including changes to employee benefits, work schedules, union dues initiation/revocation, Voluntary Leave Transfer Program (VLTP) balances, Thrift Savings Plan deductions, and other voluntary payroll deductions
- Maintain an overall working knowledge and the ability to perform each function within his/her area.
- Foster a collaborative environment by effectively communicating and interacting with fellow team members
- Work independently as well as with other team members to accurately complete all assignments in accordance with established deadlines
- Frequently refers problems and work issues to the manager and/or team leads when guidance is not available or applicable
Typical education / experience
- Typically requires high school diploma or equivalent and 2 - 4 years of prior relevant experience.
- Knowledge of personnel rules and regulations governing the processing of personnel actions, files/records maintenance, benefits entitlements, veteran preference and creditable service determinations.
- Ability to use intermediate functions of various software applications (Windows); e.g., Word, e-mail, internet browser, spreadsheets, databases, to prepare documents, access web sites, input data, and update employee records
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance.
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective January 18, 2022, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.