The Leidos Innovation Center (LInC) is seeking, a Signal and Image Processing Engineer to join our growing, high-performance team executing applied research and development in electro-optical (EO) technology. You will primarily work on-site at Wright Patterson AFB in Dayton, OH where you will develop and interpret algorithms, use, and analyze data from EO/IR systems and instrumentation to support program objectives of critical importance to the US Air Force.
- Apply signal and image processing principles and methods to analyze data and solve problems including: automating data analysis, characterize existing and new sensor systems, develop new and improved data analysis techniques.
- Develop, model, and test algorithms in MATLAB and SIMULINK.
- Develop synthetic data for algorithm tradespace analysis.
- Analyze results from simulation or real data to identify root causes and trends.
- Apply statistical methods to ensure results are complete and accurate.
- Learn and understand analog and digital signal flow and processing in various sensor systems.
- Apply signal and image processing techniques to extract desired information.
- Collaborate with members of a diverse technical team and customer stakeholders to determine requirements and relevant technical approaches.
- Develop test plans and document results in test report.
To be successful in this role you will need the following skills:
- Bachelor’s in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or similar field, and 2 – 4 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Top Secret Clearance.
- U.S. Citizenship is required.
- Strong understanding of MATLAB and SIMULINK.
- Familiarity with object oriented programing.
- Experience with Linux
- Understanding of signal processing for analog and digital systems.
- Understanding of image processing techniques.
- Application of the scientific method to complex systems, including the ability to define and execute tests, reduce data, and perform statistical analysis.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Leadership, project management, presentation, and collaboration skills.
- Produce reports documenting methods and reasoning, choice of methods selected, and results with error analysis.
- Active DoD Secret or higher clearance.
- Master’s in Engineering or similar field.
- Experience with other programming languages like Python, C/C++, or Java
- Experience with EO/IR systems.
- Experience with infrared focal plane array including digital/digital pixel focal plane arrays.
- Experience working in a Research and Development (R&D) environment.
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective January 18, 2022, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.