The Homeland Security Solutions Operation within Leidos is seeking an ETL Developer with strong systems, software, cloud, and Agile experience to support a complex program to provide Agile development and operations and maintenance for critical systems on a mission-critical program supporting the Passenger Systems Program Directorate (PSPD) Interface and Support Processes division within Customs and Border Protection (CBP). PSPD supports the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and CBP critical missions, specifically screening and processing travelers at the ports of entry (POEs) into the United States.
In this hands on position, you will work collaboratively to architect, design, build, deliver, and enhance highly available, scalable, real time systems. You will exercise your judgment in determining and recommending the best designs based on customer business objectives, timelines and other resource constraints. You will participate in all aspects of the software development lifecycle of a mission critical product including scope and work estimation, architecture and design, coding and unit testing.
- Support all aspects of software development (designing, coding, testing, debugging, and maintaining products).
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Interface with software developers, analysts, and other project team members using Agile SCRUM methodology and SAFe to deliver features that enhance system capabilities and facilitate CBP’s mission.
- Translate customer needs into user stories and deliver working capabilities at the conclusion of each sprint.
- Mentor junior and entry-level software developers to enhance their skills and work with others on product team to develop solutions to impediments preventing completion of work.
- Participate and/or lead sprint demonstrations and facilitate implementation of agreed upon ideas identified at retrospectives.
- Effectively communicate technical challenges and potential solutions to leaders within both Leidos and CBP.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or other closely related field with a minimum of 8-years of relevant experience or 6-10 years of relevant experience with Master’s degree.
- Applicants must be a US Citizen with ability to obtain a CBP BI public trust clearance.
- 7+ years of experience as BI Developer with Strong SAP Business Object Reporting experience
- Knowledge of software design patterns Excellent communication, collaboration, & interpersonal skills and should be able to handle stakeholders and drive the dashboarding initiative
- Strong hands-on experience in SQL
- Comprehensive understanding of the Power BI platform, its features and capabilities
- Ability to develop a fully functional Power BI solution from start to finish, from data ingestion to visualization through deployment and distribution
- Proficiency with MS Office Products (Word, Excel, Visio, & PowerPoint)
Minimum of 6-years of software development experience in an Agile/SecDevOps environment with proven ability to deliver on commitments. Software development experience should include many of the following technologies:
- Frameworks: Angular, Spring MVC, Struts, JSF
- OpenShift Container Platform (OCP)
- JDBC, MyBATIS, Hibernate, Docker, Spring, Spring Boot
•Experience with one or more of the following system-to-system interfaces:
- Web Services both SOAP and RESt
- IBM MQ
Experience with DevOps frameworks and proficiency using the following common DevOps tools at a minimum:
- Confluence & Jira
- Jenkins, SonarQube, JUnit
- Active CBP BI
- Experience as a software developer supporting one or more products within CBP PSPD
- Knowledge and use of React framework to develop WebApps
- Familiarity with and prior use of test automation, e.g., Selenium, Citrus
- Experience as a developer within the AWS environment is a plus
- Knowledge of NoSQL databases in particular MarkLogic is a plus
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective January 18, 2022, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.