1901 Group, a Leidos company has an immediate opening for a Senior Cloud Engineer/Cloud Architect located in Blacksburg, VA. Remote possible.
The job of the Senior Cloud Engineer/Cloud Architect to join our growing cloud engineering team to support the design, automation, and deployment of cloud infrastructure and applications.
- Working in an Agile process to plan your work into 2 week sprints and participate in daily scrum meetings
- Creating designs, implementation plans, operational documentation, and continual improvement of cloud services
- Conducting cloud migration assessment, planning, and migration activities for varied application sets
- Creating automation capabilities aimed at improving service delivery and gaining operational efficiencies
- Working closely with Operations teams, other team members, and application owners to solve complex technical problems related to cloud hosted systems that require escalation
- Evaluate and recommend potential cloud solutions for inclusion into 1901/Leidos service offerings
As a Senior Cloud Engineer, you will:
- Be a key member of a high performing Agile scrum team. Attend Agile meetings (sprint planning, daily standups, sprint retrospectives, sprint reviews, etc.)
- Work with teams across 1901 Group/Leidos to understand cloud requirements for upcoming projects
- Design and implement automation through scripting and other techniques to improve operational efficiencies
- Create architectures and designs of new customers systems and solutions to meet defined requirements
- Work across the company to deliver Cloud infrastructure strategies aligned with business objectives
- Mentor junior staff on cloud computing best practices and technology to drive cloud adoption
- Bachelor’s degree and 7+ years of IT experience in an operational role
- 4-5 years of experience with Cloud services, AWS or Azure
- AWS Certified Solution Architect, Professional (or equivalent experience)
- Familiar with Infrastructure as Code technologies such as Terraform and Ansible
- Capable of working within a team and independently
- Someone with strong problem solving and decision making ability
- Detail oriented with experience interacting with customers
- Proficient in creating technical documentation and diagram
- Travel to customer sites, including overnight travel
- Ability to provide coverage for core hours (8a to 6p) and occasional work on nights and weekends may be required during maintenance periods.
- Assessing risk of technical solution paths
- Reporting to a senior program owner
- Analyze data and form recommendations to colleagues and management
Pay Range:Pay Range $65,000.00 - $100,000.00 - $135,000.00
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.