Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient.
Our Civil Group offers an array of exciting career opportunities for the best IT, energy, logistics and engineering professionals.
Leidos is seeking a Senior Program Planner / Scheduler for an immediate need in Centennial, CO to serve as a member for the Antarctic Support Contract scheduling team. The position will be responsible for managing the schedules for several major capital projects (>$1 million) that are focused on revitalizing the US Antarctic Program’s (USAP) facilities around the Antarctic.
The Senior Program Planner/Scheduler will develop project schedules with Control Account Managers and/or Project Managers. The candidate will be responsible for applying best scheduling practices to develop the IMS’s, along with working according to EVM standard EIA-748/GAO reporting and annual surveillance. Tasks are performed under the general direction of program managers and functional managers.
There is preference for this hire to be local to the Denver metro area. However, with the right experience, remote work will be considered. The new member of the team must be committed to travel to the Colorado office every quarter and/or as large surges of work require an in person presence.
Per contract requirements, US citizenship or permanent residency is required.
- Bachelor's degree and 8 years of experience, 5 of those years experience in scheduling using project scheduling tools such as Primavera P6 or Microsoft Project. An additional 4 years’ relevant experience will be considered in lieu of degree education.
- Earned-value (EIA-748/GAO) knowledge applied to building and maintaining baseline and current schedules that support EVM based projects
- Deep knowledge of financial planning/budget planning and tracking
- Supporting schedulers with applying EVMS principles to schedule creation and maintenance
Expected Skill Sets:
- Primavera P6
- Planning knowledge (engaging in 1:1 and group planning sessions)
- Strong analytical and organizational skills with attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and also as a team member
- Ability to execute in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Excellent Communications skills both written and verbal
- Microsoft Office experience with advanced Excel skills including pivot tables, macros, lookup tables
- Strong understanding of project planning practices, financial and EVM reporting
Preferred Qualifications / Experience:
- Experience with National Science Foundation Large Facility Office (LFO)
- Experience with EVMS scheduling in at least one of the following agencies: Department of Energy (DOE), National Science Foundation, or Department of Defense (DOD) EVMS.
- Deltek COBRA
Pay Range:Pay Range $68,900.00 - $106,000.00 - $143,100.00
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective January 18, 2022, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.