Are you interested in improving and shaping the IT industry? Leidos is seeking a Jr. Software Developer who is motivated by variety, is seeking a challenging environment for professional growth, and is interested in supporting an Investor Owned Utility client headquartered in New Orleans, Louisiana. Leidos has a long-term customer who we have supported in all areas of IT operations since the client’s first outsourcing engagement over 20 years ago.
Leidos has an opening for a Jr. Software Developer who is highly motivated, responsible and detailed oriented. The successful candidate will be part of a team supporting a long-term program for an Investor Owned Utility client. The position requires working directly with client customers to provide world-class application support for multiple utility company applications. The successful candidate will design, develop, deploy and support technical solutions in a collaborative team environment. The successful candidate will support and enhance existing applications as well as develop new applications to meet organizational goals and objectives. The candidate must be familiar with all aspects of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC). This position requires an experienced, self-motivating individual capable of performing in a fast-paced team environment, as well as interacting effectively with key customers and users.
Location: Looking for someone in the New Orleans, LA, Little Rock, AR or The Woodlands, TX area. Role is currently remote, however once COVID restrictions loosen candidate may be expected to report to the office/client site.
Note: On call rotation and evening/weekend work may be required.
- Provide technical application support for client-server, web, and cloud-based applications.
- Diagnose and resolve technical issues in highly interconnected and integrated enterprise applications.
- Work directly with technical and non-technical customers.
- Develop, test, and deploy enhancements to existing systems while working with key customers, other team members, and management.
- Gather software application requirements through interactions with business users
- Collaborate with business analyst team members to identify gaps and dependencies in requirements across applications and departments.
- Manage and communicate requirements throughout the software development lifecycle, including requirements prioritization, requirements changes, and conflict resolution.
- Support the organization during User Acceptance Testing to ensure solutions meet the business requirements and help determine the most appropriate actions to address problems identified through project testing or other assessment efforts.
- Work directly with client customers to provide world-class application baseload and non-baseload support for multiple utility company applications.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or similar degree
- 1+ year of experience working on a support or development team
- Data skills (Oracle, PL/SQL)
- Crystal Report Development and Troubleshooting
- Web Service Development
- Experience with ServiceNOW (SNOW) is a plus
- Must have experience in analyzing, developing, testing, and deploying software solutions
- Strong communication (written and oral), documentation skills and interpersonal skills
- The passion and drive to expand coding skills
- Ability to work in a fast, paced environment and perform duties without direct supervision.
- Possess the ability to work in a team environment and collaborate with others
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to prioritize and coordinate multiple tasks to ensure project deadlines are met
- Proficiency with all or some of the following: MS Office Suite including Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Visio
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective January 18, 2022, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.