The Leidos Health Group’s CTO organization is seeking a Lead Solutions Architect to develop solutions that positively impact the health and safety of people throughout the world.
This position will directly support the active growth plans of our Military & Veterans Health Solutions (MVHS) organization with a focus on DOD & VA health needs. The selected candidate will work with Operations and Business Development personnel to understand customer needs and lead the development of compelling solutions to those needs. They will bring these solutions forward through white papers, presentations, and proposal responses. This position requires leading and engaging teams of people with diverse skills to develop comprehensive solutions ranging from IT applications to full enterprise services, from program management activities to agency-wide operational support, and from scientific lab support to direct provider support. The successful candidate will be able to conceptualize these solutions around key business needs and goals in full awareness of industry trends. This position requires a broad and deep understanding of technology, life sciences, and our customers to match solutions to customer requirements and to differentiate Leidos from our competitors.
- Leading the development of innovative solutions in support of major capture efforts, balancing these solutions against cost, schedule, function, quality, and other business considerations.
- Creation of white papers, proposals, and briefings demonstrating the thought leadership capabilities of the organization, as well as supporting various marketing and business development efforts through customer interaction.
- Assist capture strategy development through technical leadership, including the creation and marketing of discriminating value propositions.
- Assist in the development of the systems integration capabilities across multiple accounts within the business.
- Support program management and business development reviews and assist in improving performance of existing projects as required.
- Conduct pre-sales engineering activities, to include engaging directly with customers in combination with our Business Development and Operations leadership teams.
- Masters degree with 15 - 20 years of prior relevant experience or Doctorate with 13 - 16 years of prior relevant experience. Industry certifications will be considered in augmenting years of experience.
- Experience (at least 5 years) in three of the following areas, with Expertise in at least one: Networking, System Development, Software or Application Development, Hardware Engineering, Operations, System Architecture, Cloud Architecture, Electronic Health Records, Information Assurance or Cyber Security, ITIL Framework, Agile Development, and Life Sciences
- Strong communication skills (writing, speaking, and listening)
- Experience leading the development of solutions for proposals
- Experience in writing for white papers, RFI responses, and proposals
- Experience in running trade studies, product evaluations, or research projects
- Experience in customer engagements
- Development and/or Operational program experience
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance
- Direct experience working with any of the following customers: DHA, VA, IHS, Military Services Health, Other related experience with HHS, CMS, FDA, CDC, NIH, or SSA also relevant.
- Experience engaging in business development and capture efforts
- Experience developing solutions involving data sciences, artificial intelligence, or robotic processing
- Experience developing or managing DevOps solutions that rely on cloud-based infrastructure
Pay Range:Pay Range $136,500.00 - $210,000.00 - $283,500.00
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective January 18, 2022, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.