Leidos is looking for a Director of Marketing & Communications to develop, implement, evaluate, and champion global initiatives for the Security Detection & Automation business. This role will serve as the main advisor to leadership, sales, and business partners in developing integrated content, campaigns, and tactics to promote and raise the profile of detection solutions, software, and services in target industries including aviation checkpoint, checked baggage, ports & borders, critical infrastructure, and automation. The Director of Marketing & Communications will focus on both internal and external initiatives – forging consensus on marketing communications policies and best practices while developing tailored digital communications for target audiences including customers, distributers, and elected officials.
As part of the Leidos team, you will work with an experienced group of communications professionals who are dedicated to supporting our government clients. If you are interested in working in a commercial and federal business environment, have a desire to contribute to making a difference in communities, and want to be part of an innovative and creative marketing and communications team, this job is for you. At Leidos, you will work in a fast-paced and diverse environment, enjoy flexible work arrangements, and will have a management team that encourages your career development and growth.
Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges.
- Global Advisor: Serve as chief advisor on all marketing and communications initiatives, working with leadership and individual regions/countries to tailor strategies and campaigns for the local market.
- Messaging: Develop and maintain new foundational messaging that clearly explains the value proposition and ensures consistency across different platforms.
- Content: Implement a robust content calendar to support solutions and services including news releases, fact sheets, case studies, brochures, and seasonal content based on industry trends and current events.
- Social Media: Develop internal and external guidelines, best practices, and a training program while utilizing corporate accounts to build a unique following and disseminate information that engages a diverse group of stakeholders.
- Events: Review and develop marketing and outreach programs surrounding core industry events including advance customer outreach, budgets, ROI, review and analysis, and structural event recommendations.
- Business Partners: Collaborate with partners to build relationships and identify information-sharing and business opportunities, including the launch of a newsletter.
- PR/Crisis Communications: Create internal crisis communications procedures and working group, coordinating with corporate, regulatory, and legal to develop messaging, Q&A, and briefing documents for relevant government officials and journalists.
- Media: Proactive relationship-building with select industry and global media outlets, lead responses to media inquiries, serve as corporate spokesperson, and train a group of spokespeople to represent Leidos as requested.
- 15+ years of directly relevant work experience – strong preference given for robust background in target markets
- Bachelor’s degree
- Proven ability to achieve corporate goals while working across multiple teams, offices, countries, and cultures
- Documented success developing and launching local, national, and global campaigns and strategies that bring in business
- Excellent writer with ability to create content for a variety of digital and traditional vehicles
- Excellent attention to detail, good organizational skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects on tight deadlines
- A creative thinker who thrives in a quickly changing environment
- Flexibility to adapt to changing/evolving needs
- Proficient in MS Office Suite
- Self-starter who is a team player and can work independently when required
Pay Range:Pay Range $97,500.00 - $150,000.00 - $202,500.00
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective January 18, 2022, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.