Leidos is seeking a Senior CAS Product Lead Engineer who will be a member of a dynamic team working on the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Time Based Flow Management (TBFM) program. The purpose of TBFM is to maximize use of available National Airspace System (NAS) resources, while minimizing delays and disruptions to aircraft operators and their customers, as well as reducing fuel burn and engine emissions thereby decreasing user operational costs.
The CAS Lead will work within the Air Traffic Management engineering organization and will be supporting the FAA TBFM program.
Senior CAS Product Lead Engineer responsibilities as a member of a team:
• Investigate systemic issues on a higher scale by identifying maintenance or security problems requiring new versions for products and devise a roll out plan for new features/versions
• System enhancement support for prototyping and engineering
• Perform security audits
• Maintain ownership of products such as MongoDb, ActiveMQ, RedHat, Configuration Scripts, all SLOC/scripts associated with CAS products
• Be able to develop in-depth view of how our CAS products work
• Configure CAS in our environment using defined aspects of the design in the SDDs affecting the CAS baseline and use those descriptions as guidance for configuring CAS
• Understand why CAS behaves the way it does when possible issues are encountered and provide deeper analysis by looking at logs for the CAS product when issues are encountered with domain applications
• Utilize all resources available, including internet searches, to identify bugs in the CAS that could cause the problem, configuration / setup that causes the problem, or our how our domain applications interact with the CAS
• Create a CAS SW Architecture Document
• Support Builds & Controls team for version management and troubleshooting as needed to support builds
• Perform installation of CAS products.
• Assist in test plan creation.
• Identify triage testing issues related to CAS products.
• Requires a Bachelor of Science degree and 8+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6+ years of prior relevant experience.
• In object-oriented design and development with the C++ and/or Java programming language on a large-scale (>20 K-SLOC) development.
• Git or similar version control tool.
• Software development in a Linux/Unix environment
• Experience with following a documented software process
• A strong working knowledge of the software engineering life cycle
• Excellent communication, interpersonal, analytical, and written skills
• Self-Starter and ability to multitask
• Ability to work effectively both individually and within a team
• Working experience in FAA ATC programs
• Knowledge of C, Ada, Perl, scripting languages
• Demonstrated leadership experience
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective January 18, 2022, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.