Are you interested in improving and shaping the delivery of IT projects? We’re seeking a Solution Architect who is motivated by variety, is seeking a challenging environment for professional growth, and is interested in supporting large information technology projects for of our clients, who is one of the top 10 largest electric companies in the U.S., headquartered in New Jersey.
The Solution Architect will support the solution definition, design, and implementation approaches (including plans for customization and integration for an Outage Management System (OMS) project.
Primary Duties & Areas of Responsibility:
- Participate in process flow analysis and process redesign along with Business and IT Product Owners
- Produce a detailed functional design document to match customer requirements
- Collaborate with a team of OMS, Developers, and Engineers to determine the most appropriate technical strategy and designs to meet business needs
- Provide current best practice and 3rd Party solution alternatives as part of the functional design document
- Understand business drivers and assist in defining required features and mapping OMS features to business processes
- Assist the business in understanding the effort, risk, and effect of making changes to an OMS instance
- Produce a technical specification for custom development and systems integration requirements
- Design workflows and assignment rules to automate manual processes
- Create and maintain system-related documentation, such as business requirements, process flows, data maps, configuration worksheets, etc.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related degree with 8+ years experience. High school diploma with an additional 4 years’ experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- 5 plus years of experience in a consulting environment is preferred
- Strong requirements and design documentation skills are a must
- Ability to understand business requirements and convert them into solution designs
- Ability to ask the right questions to define a solution
- Strong presentation and communication skills
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective January 18, 2022, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.