Looking for an opportunity to make an impact?
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainable. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business. Your greatest work is ahead!
The Leidos Research Support Team supporting the National Energy Technology Laboratory (NETL) is seeking a Reservoir Modeler to join our Team in Albany, OR, Morgantown, WV, or Pittsburgh, PA. This opportunity will allow side by side execution of research with world-class scientists and engineers using state of the art equipment to contribute to new areas of basic and applied research.
The Reservoir Modeler will continue the development of NETL’s Thermal-Hydrologic-Chemical-Mechanical (THCM) simulator for methane hydrate reservoir modeling. The code development will be based on NETL’s previous efforts including 1D/2D flow simulator coupled with nonlinear finite element method (FEM), new geomechanics constitutive models, and analytical formulation for sand migration, which will be linked to NETL’s flow simulator, Mix3HydraResSim.
NETL Locations: Albany, OR; Pittsburgh, PA or Morgantown, WV
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Apply artificial intelligence/machine learning (AI/ML) methods to generate models and tools relating to subsurface geologic natural and engineered systems
- Code Development of methane gas hydrate reservoir
- Assisting in the preparation of technical papers, reports, conference papers, and annual and quarterly reports
- Presenting the results of the research at technical conferences and publishing in archival journals
- Presenting technical findings during regular team meetings as well as at workshops and professional conferences
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary group of science researchers to accomplish project tasks
- Build relationships with internal and external clients
- Master’s degree in petroleum engineering, reservoir engineering, wellbore engineering, machine learning, data science, math, computational geology, geophysics, geology, physics or similar field
- Proficiency in code development of TCHM
- Experience developing code in an Integrated Development Environment (IDE), documenting code, and committing code to a repository, such as GitHub, BitBucket, or similar
- Understanding of and experience in gas hydrates
- Advanced degree and/or certifications petroleum engineering, reservoir engineering, wellbore engineering, machine learning, data science, math, computational geology, geophysics, geology, physics, or similar field
- Evidence of substantive participation in subsurface geologic scientific community
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective January 18, 2022, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.