Unleash your talents at Leidos! Grow and advance in your career by letting Leidos challenge you with world toughest technical problems. Leidos has a career opportunity for a talented Test Engineer with AFATDS/ Fires Systems Subject Matter Expertise, this position will be fully remote with travel for a period of time from January 2023 – March 2023 for customer testing. Ideally, the chosen candidate will be local to Aberdeen Proving Grounds, MD or Fort Sill, OK. However, we can support a candidate local to a Leidos facility or someone willing to travel.
In this role you will support a critical modernization effort of the Advanced Field Artillery Tactical Data System (AFATDS). The candidate will work closely with capability development teams to verify software functionality, in addition to collaborating with the training support team to document processes. This effort is to meet the government’s objective to modernize the underlying AFATDS architecture, redesign the AFATDS front-end to a fully web- and role-based user interface, integrate common services made available through the Army’s Common Operating Environment (COE), and incorporate advanced embedded training technologies to aid in operator-initiated system instruction and refresher training.
- Define, document, analyze, perform, and interpret developmental tests for new and/or modified system components.
- Investigate and resolve operational problems in conjunction with other engineering and technical personnel.
- Provide technical support to other engineering groups.
- Participate in User Acceptance Testing (UAT), System Testing (ST), Smoke Testing (SmT) and Integration/Interface Testing (IT), and Regression Testing (RT.)
- Participate in test driven development activities including Contractor System Test (CST.)
- Produce test reports.
- Document and manage defect identification through resolution and closure.
- Work as a member of a Capability Development Team, providing guidance associated with system functionality and usability.
- Works with program SMEs, both local and remote, to educate development personnel on the nuances associated with the legacy system.
- Manual test case development, working with development teams to define testing requirements.
- Participates in daily/weekly stand-up meetings with architecture and development teams to drive sprint deliveries.
- BS and 4 – 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 – 6 years of prior relevant experience. Additional experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Required expertise with Fires Systems and functionality.
- Experience with test process development, test case design, test procedure development, test execution, system evaluation and test reporting.
- Experience with requirements traceability, system-of-systems integration and testing, test planning, development and execution testing including experience with Army products and interfaces.
- Ability to isolate and resolve problems, document bugs, regress and close issues while working on particular application releases.
- Experience with automated test and test driven development concepts, tools, and languages.
- Experience with Red Hat Linux and Windows Operating Systems.
- Experience with network architecture and communications.
- Good verbal, written, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency with MS Office Products (Word, Excel, Visio, & PowerPoint.)
- Installs, configures, and maintains servers that operate using Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows Server 2016, Windows Server 201.
- US citizenship and the ability to obtain a DoD SECRET security clearance.
- Currently possess an active DoD SECRET security clearance.
- Experience using Joint C2 and Army Mission Command systems such as CPCE, GCCS-A/J/M/AF, Agile Client, ICSF, JC2CUI, CPOF, and/or C2PC to create and manage a Common Operating Picture (COP) preferred.
- Advanced understanding of Army and Marine fire mission processing.
- Knowledge of integrating COP products from applications such as CPCE, GCCS-J I3, JEM/JWARN, MTI, JTT, CPOF, AFATDS, JADOCS preferred or other PM MC systems.
- Installs, configures, and maintains a combination of IM/C2 systems that include TCS, JTCW, C2PC, BFT, JBCP-FoS, JBV AFATDS, JADOCS, CPOF.
- Familiarity with VMware Workstation and configuring Virtual Machine and VMware Tools.
- Familiarity with VMF (and other Army communication standards.)
- Familiarity with MIL-STD-188-220 and other military standards.
- Familiarity with Extensible Map Platform; NASA WorldWind, GeoServers and other Map technologies.
- Understanding of RS-232/422, TCP/IP, UDP/IP, NLB network protocols.
- Experience working with Raytheon Taclink modems and tactical radios (R/T 1523, AN/PRC 152(A), AN/PRC 117G, AN/PRC 155.)
Pay Range:Pay Range $65,000.00 - $100,000.00 - $135,000.00
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective January 18, 2022, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.