Leidos is seeking a talented Project Manager to join our team to support a federal customer within the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Network Operations and Security Operations Center (NOSC). The project manager provides support across operations and engineering teams. The project manager will support the PM and DPM in a variety of projects critical to program execution.
- Provide project management services to plan, coordinate, manage, report on project status for assigned projects.
- Establish and maintain necessary controls, management oversight, documentation, reporting, customer support, and notification functions as well as ensuring that required tasks stay on track and milestones are met.
- Plan, organize, and manage resources for project completion.
- Create, manage, and control work plans, project schedules, and/or work breakdown structures.
- Coordinate with other contractors and system owners as needed.
- Coordinate with multiple technical and operational teams to achieve the necessary program, project or activity plans, and schedules.
- Assign tasks to internal teams and assist with schedule management
- Help prepare budgets
- Analyze risks and opportunities
- Oversee project procurement management
- Create and monitor project plans and documentation
- Act as the point of contact and communicate project status to all participants
- Create and present reports associated with project performance
- The project manager role supports new Engineering projects and Operations & Maintenance projects.
- The project manager will also support the Program Manager in overall program staffing efforts.
- Bachelor’s degree and 4+ years prior relevant experience; additional years of experience may be considered in lieu of degree
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral) required
- Candidate selected will be subject to a Government Public Trust security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to the customer’s information. US Citizenship is required.
- Leading a team of technical resources to meet project timelines and expectations
- Familiarity with project management methodologies
- Experience with creating and analyzing project documentation, reports, and briefings
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Project
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks concurrently
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
- Candidates are required to obtain a DHS Entry on Duty (EOD) approval to support this program.
- PMP certification.
- Experience supporting programs conducting cybersecurity engineering and operations.
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies
Prior experience supporting a Federal Customer.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.