Dynetics, a wholly owned subsidiary of Leidos, is seeking a passionate, detail-oriented problem-solver to serve as Materials and Process Engineer to support Dynetics’ Advanced Materials Product Group. With offices across the United States engaging in the defense, space, cyber and commercial fields, Dynetics provides responsive, cost-effective engineering, scientific and IT solutions..
As an integral member of the Advanced Materials Product Group, the successful candidate will serve as Materials and Process (M&P) Engineer with responsibility for M&P activity within the group and for programs across Dynetics operations. This position will balance multiple activities including but not limited to:
- Support multiple Dynetics programs in terms of material selection, process improvement opportunities, root cause and corrective action (RCCA) investigations, and qualification activities.
- Investigate materials and process non-conformance issues and provide recommended problem resolutions to program management teams
- Serve as a liaison between the Advanced Materials Product Group and other Dynetics organizations to ensure all material and process selections, process improvements, and RCCA activities meet program goals and objectives.
- Coordinate with Dynetics procurement management and subcontracted suppliers to mitigate non-conformances before they occur.
- Efficiently resolve non-conformances to limit the impact to program schedule and cost.
- Provide technical expertise during new supplier evaluations to aid in supplier risk analysis.
- Familiarity with AMS, ASTM, NASA, MIL-STD, ISO 9001/AS 9100, and other industry specifications.
- Travel to supplier sites and materials vendors as required (10% - 20%)
- Bachelor Degree in Materials Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent from an ABET accredited institution with 5+ years or Master Degree with 3+ years applicable experience
- Experience executing M&P activity directly supporting aerospace or defense programs.
- Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess (and be able to maintain) a Final Top Secret/SSBI Clearance or meet the eligibility to obtain (and be able to maintain) a Final Top Secret Clearance
- Must be able to travel up to 20%
- Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess (and be able to maintain) a Final Secret Clearance or meet the eligibility to obtain (and maintain) a Secret Clearance. Candidate must meet the eligibility criteria to obtain and maintain a Final Top Secret Clearance along with maintaining program security eligibility.
- Ability to stay focused and succeed in high-stress, dynamic, and fast paced environments
- Strong communication and attention to detail
- Candidates with the following will be given additional consideration:
- Experience working in manufacturing or production environment
- Project management skills
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective January 18, 2022, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.