Dynetics, a Leidos company, is seeking a talented experienced full-time Proposal Manager for our Proposal Development Center in Huntsville, AL. With offices across the United States engaging in the defense, space, cyber and commercial fields, Dynetics provides responsive, cost-effective engineering, scientific and IT solutions.
The Proposal Manager will manage proposal efforts and work closely with business development and capture personnel to develop and deliver winning, high-quality Federal Government proposals. Duties include, but are not limited to leading/authoring proposal efforts / proposal training / coaching / mentoring / and assisting operational managers in developing proposal artifacts and other information garnered during capture to support the proposal. The successful applicant will have extensive knowledge and experience of proposal writing concepts and proposal management processes (such as SM&A and Shipley) as well as hands-on experience leading/writing successful proposals. This position involves hands-on effort, often with little assistance from below, or direction from above, to accomplish submitting a compliant and successful proposal.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
· Assisting the proposal center Manager in developing local standards and repeatable proposal processes to include maintaining historical files, and documenting and implementing actions for process improvement
· Leading, managing, training, and mentoring a proposal team of writers; editors; reviewers; graphic artists; coordinators; operational, management, and technical subject matter experts; and subcontractors
· Developing and reviewing proposal strategies/themes, and Proposal Management Plans
· Leading responses to RFIs, RFPs, RFQs, and oral presentations
· Developing proposal schedules, outlines, compliance matrices, and writing assignments
· Maintaining configuration control of all proposal files, forms, graphics, drafts, reviewers comments, and approvals
· Producing high-quality content and appearance of the final proposal product and the on-time delivery of the proposal
· Manage all aspects of proposal development: pre-proposal planning activities, kickoff meeting, schedule management, proposal structure, compliance, writing instructions and team guidance, and production.
· Develop and maintain proposal management files for each opportunity, including kickoff materials, proposal outline, compliance matrix, schedule, daily tag-up meetings, proposal team contact list, action items, and color team review briefings.
· Obtain resources for accomplishing proposal submission in a timely manner.
· Review and analyze proposal sections for consistency and clarity, compliance with solicitation requirements, and alignment with proposed solutions and themes. Provide writers with feedback as necessary to ensure accuracy, compliance, consistency, and reflection of win strategies.
Ensure proposal compliance, checking all sections for compliance regularly throughout the proposal cycle and before delivery.
· Bachelor's degree from an ABET accredited school in engineering, science, or business related fields.
7 years’ experience in business development, program management, marketing, or proposal writing / management.
- Demonstrated ability to work efficiently and successfully under conditions of multiple deadlines and changing priorities
- Excellent work ethic and organizational skills
- Ability to execute multiple tasks simultaneously
- Effective written and verbal communication skills to interact with all levels of management
- May be required to travel
Candidate must be a resident of the North Alabama area or willing to relocate to the Huntsville - North Alabama, AL area.
· Leading/writing proposals for large efforts over $100M a plus
· Operational roles such as project, program, or technical program management a plus
· Higher level degree a plus
Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess (and be able to maintain) a Final Secret Clearance or meet the eligibility to obtain (and maintain) a Secret Clearance.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.