Leidos is seeking a Farsi Linguist to support a multi-faceted contract supporting the IC. A TS/SCI with Polygraph is required for this position. The Farsi Linguist will be responsible for exploiting and searching social media and online platforms (or open source platforms) to identify and flag terrorist activities/content online. This includes processing and translating/transcribing data from written, audio, and video files. The Linguist will detect patterns and methods that terrorist elements use to defeat companies’ algorithms and efforts to remove such content. The Linguist will be required to write analytic products and will be expected to utilize analytical skills to identify new content and patterns to tip off other analytic cells. The Linguist will need to apply in-depth knowledge of desktop applications and internet-based research skills. The Linguist will be required to assist in preparing senior personnel for meetings with social media companies.
- Work experience must include 5 + years of Language Analysis experience within the DoD/IC
- Must be proficient with reading, writing, and translating from Farsi to English
- Language test scores taken within the last three (3) years equivalent to the Interagency Language Roundtable (ILR) Scale Level 3/3+ in Listening, Translating, and Reading. DLPT5 is the preferred test of record; however, other industry-recognized testing may be considered
- Candidate should be self-motivated, and be able to perform tasks with minimal oversight and guidance
- Knowledge of Iranian culture and politics
- Candidate must be familiar with social media platforms (or open source platforms) (US and foreign based companies)
- Candidate must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- BA degree and 12 - 15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10 - 13 years of prior relevant experience.
- TS/SCI with Polygraph is mandatory for this position
- Native language abilities are preferred, in order to identify intentional grammatical errors or changes in local traditions
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.