Are you ready for your next career challenge?
We have an exciting opportunity for a dynamic and experienced security professional to join our protective security team as a Security Assurance Specialist. Leidos has a diverse portfolio and pipeline of programmes within various sectors. Security is a critical component of all of these programmes as well as for our internal business functions.
We are seeking a Security Assurance Specialist to support our programmes and functions in interpreting and implementing the appropriate security requirements both internally within our business and also within our supply chain as well as supporting assurance activities on behalf of the Board.
Are you ready for your next career challenge?
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams in the UK to address some of the most complex problems in defence, government, safety and security, and transportation. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
A Typical Day Might Include the Following:
The role will comprise both pre-planned and reactive support for existing and new business opportunities. Operating at the centre of our business, you will have a pivotal role in defining how security is applied, ensuring security risks are identified and managed and directly implementing the required controls that enable the business to operate securely.
You will have a central role in maintaining our information security management system that has been certified to ISO 27001 to provide on-going assurance that our contractual obligations and corporate high standards and values are met.
You will be required to:
- Interpret and implement contractual security requirements across our portfolio and functions
- Develop and maintain records of contractual and corporate security obligations to allow ease of reference by security colleagues and other key stakeholders
- Provide expertise as security advisor on security policy requirements, industry security best practice and project security risks
- Actively implement and manage security aspects letters throughout contract or framework duration
- Ensure security requirements are appropriately flowed down through the supply chain and suppliers are correctly on-boarded and managed
- Conduct annual and ad-hoc assurance activities on in-scope suppliers, ensuring risks are appropriately escalated and managed
- Integrate ISO 27001 compliant or certified programmes with the centralised Information Security Management System where required
- Support ISO 27001 internal audits
- Lead the response to security incidents and conduct security investigations
- Support capture activities to ensure bid teams establish appropriately secure ways of working and author pre-qualification questionnaire and bid responses
- Respond to Customer requests for Security assurance
- Deliver tailored security education and training initiatives appropriate to audience and requirements
- Participate in internal and external security compliance audits, conducting internal audits per the annual audit plan
- Develop and maintain relevant relationships with key security personnel within Customer, partner and supplier organisations
- Clearance to Start BPSS
- Clearance for Role SC
What do we do for you?:
At Leidos we are PASSIONATE about customer success, UNITED as a team and INSPIRED to make a difference. We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent. Our reward scheme includes:
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• Private Medical Insurance
• 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
• Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, childcare vouchers and cycle to work scheme)
Commitment to Diversity:
We welcome applications from every part of the community and are committed to a truly diverse and inclusive culture. We foster a sense of belonging, welcoming all perspectives and contributions, and providing equal access to opportunities and resources for everyone.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know, and we will respond in a way that best fits your needs.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.