The Leidos Innovation Center at Beavercreek OH is seeking a Sensor Systems R&D Engineer to join our growing team performing applied research and development of electro-optical and/or radio frequency (RF) sensors and/or electronic warfare systems for the US Air Force. The successful candidate will develop and integrate modeling and simulation (M&S) systems to analyze various sensor system concepts for future combat aircraft.
• Develop, model, and apply detection and tracking algorithms for sensor systems
• Develop and/or maintain physics-based digital models of sensor systems
• Integrating sensor models into simulation systems and performing sensor phenomenology tests
• Integrating software models with hardware devices for hardware-in-the-loop (HWIL) simulations
• Interfacing with members of a high performance technical team including software engineers, computer scientists, and EO and RF engineers
• Adapting and converting engineering level models written and developed in MATLAB, SIMULINK, Python, C++, and other high level languages for implementation in engagement and mission level models sensor and electronic warfare models (1-v-1, few-v-few, and many-v- many)
• Learning and understanding the underlying physics of various sensor types as necessary
• BS in Physics, Engineering, Applied Mathematics, or Computer Science and 8+ years of experience
• Experience with signal processing, tracking and/or control theory including Kalman filters
• Experience with sensor systems or modeling of sensor systems (Radar, RF, and/or IR sensor systems)
• Experience with MATLAB and/or Python
• Must be a US Citizen and be able to obtain a Top Secret security clearance
• MS in Physics, Engineering, Applied Mathematics, or Computer Science
• Experience with aerospace simulations
• Experience with Simulink
• Experience with RF and/or Optical Sensor Systems
• Experience integrating avionics in a hardware-in-the-loop environment
• Experience in signal processing, control theory, guidance and navigation, image processing, sensor or scenario modeling using MATLAB/Simulink and C++
• Experience developing and/or using EO/IR and/or RF phenomenology physics and engineering-based sensor modeling scripts and software (e.g. MODTRAN, Xpatch, COMSOL, etc.)
• Experience programming in C or C++
• Experience with Linux
• Experience developing and/or using Intelligence Centers or DoD engagement or mission level modeling, simulation, and analysis software (e.g. AFSIM, Suppressor, Brawler, Amber, ESAMS, MOSAIC, etc.)
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.