The Leidos Innovation Center (LInC) at Leidos currently has an opening for a Software Engineer to work at the Leidos site and our Air Force Research Laboratory (AFRL) customer site on Wright-Patterson AFB, OH. We are seeking a dedicated and talented Software Engineer to work as part of a leading-edge research and engineering, design and development team modeling electro-optical and/or radio frequency (RF) sensors and/or electronic warfare systems for the US Air Force. The successful candidate will develop and integrate modeling and simulation (M&S) systems to analyze various sensor system concepts for future combat aircraft. Leidos seeks mission and team-oriented individuals who enjoy working as an individual contributor in highly collaborative teams.
- A hands-on software developer to help research, design, coordinate, build and enhance sensor system engineering and engagement level models for our customers for the advancement of next generation electronic warfare systems
- Adapting and converting engineering level models written and developed in MATLAB, SIMULINK, Python, C++, and other high level languages for implementation in engagement level models
- Responsible for the specification, design, development, implementation, unit testing, integration testing, writing documentation and analysis of technical products and systems
- Drive customer and internal support for and execution around continuous R&D requirements for both internal and external customers
- Troubleshoot, characterize, and correct software programming errors and correct existing program deficiencies
- Creatively troubleshoot and solve software problems, and analyze performance problems
- Support research, engineering, and development of innovative solutions to support operational missions
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer or Software Engineering, Computer Science, or related discipline or a Bachelor’s of Science in math/physics/engineering with multiple years of real world programming experience with at least 2-4 years of experience
- Must be a US citizen with the ability to obtain a secret security clearance
- Experience with software development life-cycle products from requirements, design, implementation, and testing phases
- Must be able to perform C/C++ and/or Java programming on Windows and Linux
- Ability to work independently or with supervision
- Familiar with Microsoft Visual Studio, Eclipse, or NetBean IDEs
- Familiar with software development processes
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer or Software Engineering, Computer Science, or related discipline or a Master’s of Science in math/physics/engineering with multiple years of real world programming experience with at least 4-6 years of experience
- Software development/engineering experience with modeling & simulation of sensor systems and air platforms
- Possess strong priors operating within constraints of a classified computer system, disconnected from internet
- CMAKE, GIT and scripting development experience
- Software Design and Testing
- Experience with Qt / Qt Creator
- Experience with MATLAB
- Experience with Simulink
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective January 18, 2022, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.