Leidos is a FORTUNE 500 company bringing a mix of innovative technology and sector expertise to customers in the national security, engineering, and the health industries.
Leidos is seeking a AWS Network Engineer Lead for a position as part of a team supporting the Defense Information Security Agency (DISA) in Fort Meade, MD.
This is a full time position that will be telework friendly, but must be able to be on site in Pensacola, FL or Fort Meade, MD when needed.
This position supports UCSA Government Cloud Environment. Establishes Network information requirements using analysis of the Network engineer(s) in the development of enterprise-wide or large-scale networking infrastructure (CAN, MAN, WAN). Designs architecture to include the software, hardware and communications to support the total requirements as well as provide for present and future cross-functional requirements and interfaces. Ensures these Network systems are compatible and in compliance with the standards for open systems architectures, the Open Systems Interconnection (OSI) and International Standards Organization (ISO) reference models and profiles of standards - such as Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers (IEEE) Open Systems Environment (OSE) reference model - as they apply to the implementation and specification of Information Management (IM) solution of the network layers, across the application program interface (API) and the external environment/software application. Ensures that the network/transport layers of the common operating environment are compliant. Evaluates analytically and systematically problems of work flows and network usage, organization and planning and develops appropriate corrective action. Provides daily supervision and direction to staff.
- Responsible for deploying both a classified and unclassified instance of the newly built UCSA environment into a cloud environment at both IL-5 & IL-6.
- Support the creation, documentation, and maintenance of a UCSA Government Cloud Environment Service Design Plan that shall define all aspects of the service throughout all stages of its lifecycle.
- Support the creation, documentation, and maintenance of the UCSA Gov Cloud Business Process Re-Engineering plan.
- Demonstrated expertise in Federal Government Network Management is absolutely necessary.
- Experience in deploying and maintaining cloud networks.
- Experience with AWS GovCloud and AWS Services such as Cloud Formation.
- Experience with Ansible
- Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science in a technical discipline. Can be waived if approved by the Prime.
- 10 years of experience. Can be waived if approved by the Prime.
- Additional years of experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Qualified IA personnel IAW DoD 8570/DoD 8140, minimum IAT II.
- Active Secret Clearance Required with ability to obtain a Top Secret.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Experience with DISA Network Enclaves
- Ability to obtain a Top Secret if required by the contract
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective January 18, 2022, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.