Leidos is currently seeking a Human Resources Business Manager (HRBM) to join our Health Group to help design and deliver on talent needs to drive organizational performance and growth. The HRBM will work at the operation level to understand the business and how to drive workforce initiatives that lead to business success. Leidos Health organization, comprised of over 8,900 employees and approximately $2B in revenue. The HRBM will work to fulfill the company’s mission to make the world safer, healthier, and more efficient through its use of information technology, engineering, science in the domains of federal and commercial health-related customers.
The HRBM will work with the Leidos Government Health and Safety Solutions organization which is comprised of over 1,300 employees. It is an exciting opportunity to partner with a dynamic business in the design and delivery of HR Solutions in a fast-paced environment. The HRBM will team in driving projects and initiatives as well as training and development, inclusion and diversity and employee engagement. The position will require the development of strong working relationships in order to effectively diagnose and address objectives on existing and new business, providing an opportunity to work with multiple functions. The HRBM will leverage additional matrixed HR SME’s from Centers of Expertise to diagnose organizational needs and deliver high quality and efficient services and solutions to the client.
This position is responsible for the partnering with business operations to ensure a complete understanding of business needs and objectives and resolution of HR issues. They will also produce a strong relationship between HR strategy and the overall business strategy. Provides strategic partnership and integration to help line managers make informed overarching decisions in the areas of workforce planning, talent management actions and investments, priorities for talent acquisition, improving productivity, impacting retention, focusing development priorities, and ensuring rewards and redeployment are focused on key growth areas and strategic investments. May also serve in an advisory role or liaison between management and Human Resources sub-functions to effectively resolve issues, implement and deploy programs, adhere to company policies and mitigate risk.
- Provide HR guidance to support the overall mission and HR service delivery for a complex organization of approximately 1300 employees
- Provides strategic and hands-on support to maximize effective client partnership, workforce planning, talent management, organizational effectiveness, and compensation, compliance and best practices for the successful growth of the organization.
- Experience working with management of all levels, to include first-level supervisors all the way through to senior-level management
- Proactive solution designer with demonstrated experience leading and driving change within client groups.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a strong professional demeanor and strong consultative and communication skills
- Serve as a confident change agent and proactively recommend new practices or changes in the best interest of the organization.
- Exercises leadership capabilities to provide direction and execute action plans effectively, Coaches and influences decisions toward positive outcomes.
- Manage employee relations cases.
- Collaborate to anticipate business requirements and develop strategic plans to support the achievement of current and future objectives
- Partner with the HR Centers of Excellence to ensure effective alignment to achieve goals and organization results. Plan, communicate, execute and support HR initiatives including talent management, leadership development, diversity and inclusion, training, performance management, salary planning, training, etc.
- Provide high-quality advice and service to management on daily employee relations and performance management issues.
- Ability to quickly build business and organizational acumen and an understanding of business’ overall strategy and operations to effectively manage organizational and business needs and challenges.
- Ability to travel 10-25% to local client sites primarily in the Baltimore and Maryland I-270 corridor areas.
- Bachelor’s degree and 12-15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10-13 years of prior relevant experience.
- Must have broad HR expertise and strong business acumen, well-versed in data analysis
- Demonstrated ability to partner effectively and influence senior leader decisions
- Proven ability to think strategically, provide direction, manage multiple projects and execute in a dynamic environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to consult and provide end-to-end employee relations support
- New business experience: capture, proposal and new program implementation
- Advanced user of Microsoft product suite with particular emphasis on Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience working for a Government contractor or other highly-regulated environment
- HR professional certification a plus
- Experience partnering with technical leaders
- Knowledgeable in HRIS systems, Workday preferred
Pay Range:Pay Range $97,500.00 - $150,000.00 - $202,500.00
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective January 18, 2022, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.