Leidos Corporate Group is currently looking for a Senior Financial Analyst with a strong financial management background to assist in supporting CIO Services. In this role, you will be responsible for advising CIO leadership on all financial aspects of a portfolio of programs in their group. This position is based in Reston - VA with occasional telework allowed (1-2 days per week).
- Develop and drive financial forecasts and analyze the organizations revenue and costs.
- Perform complex financial analysis including trend and variance analysis, budgeting and forecasting, and financial modeling.
- Lead in preparation of key financial reporting and metrics.
- Regularly analyze cost and budget, present findings to leadership; assist in remediation of issues.
- Interpret, analyze and summarize reporting results; prepare presentations for leadership.
- Evaluate results and serve as a functional expert to provide strategic guidance and insights during the analysis process.
- Import, transform, and rationalize data from systems of record such as General Ledger, Fixed Assets, ServiceNow, MS Project Online, Asset Manager, etc.
- Monitor expenditures and recommend appropriate course of action when issues are identified.
- Interpret and evaluate monthly analyses of business trends, including budget variance of financial results and KPIs to identify areas of risk and opportunities and provide recommendations.
- Assess the impact of strategic financial decisions and present recommendations to leadership.
- Design, develop and implement methods and strategies to continually improve processes.
- Assist business managers with the budgeting and forecasting process.
- Responsible for the support of key weekly, monthly and quarterly reporting deliverables that track and communicate the performance of the business unit and key business metrics.
- Perform adhoc analysis and prepare presentation materials as requested.
- Apply principles of accounting to analyze financial information and prepare financial reports.
- Bachelor's degree and at least 8 years of finance related experience
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office products – pivot tables, v-lookups, and executive level presentations
- Ability to handle difficult or unexpected situations as well as complex business challenges
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills required
- Knowledge of IT budgeting, forecasting and CAPEX & OPEX treatment
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective January 18, 2022, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.