Leidos is looking for a Senior Field Engineer with a TS/SCI polygraph to support work on an information technology (IT) contract in the Northern VA area. The Field Engineer is responsible for the operations and management of the network equipment, provide hardware/software support and other ad hoc requirements of a technical nature to support client infrastructure. The work will vary based on site specific requirements, but shall include, as applicable, the following types of activities:
- Perform the physical setup and configuration of desktop hardware and software to include external peripherals that may be required.
- Troubleshoot desktop and network anomalies and contact the appropriate groups for additional support.
- Maintain hardware and software inventory.
- Serve as technical liaison between the site and the appropriate technical business unit for resolution of IT issues and system upgrades.
- Resolve routine problems for applications and data access.
- Report unresolved problems to appropriate technical personnel.
- Order equipment as needed.
- Perform all tasks associated with being a component administrator.
- Build workstations per established procedures.
- Manage software and hardware support as needed.
- Assist with data transfers.
- Provide scanning.
- Create new user accounts, maintain existing accounts and troubleshoot user login or access issues.
- Monitor server activities and provide Tier I technical support.
- Perform daily backups.
- Perform as the on-site network support representative.
- Maintain and troubleshoot all on-site networking hardware.
- Coordinate updates to networking hard drive with respective network engineering components.
- Add/remove physical connectivity to various networks for users, based on needs.
- Maintain documentation.
- Ensure connectivity.
- Monitor security log files.
- Video Conferencing
- Create and coordinate meetings, assist with conference support.
- Support maintenance and setup of equipment.
- Phone systems.
- Maintain operational status of all phone systems.
- Report and coordinate repairs as needed.
- Specialized software/databases.
- Provide project management support for all new initiatives relating to the various systems supported.
- Coordinate with outside vendors to get building installation and maintenance completed.
- Assist with maintaining access control systems and alarm system accesses as needed.
- Escort as needed
- Provide user training as needed on all relevant IT topics.
- FedEx and UPS Shipment.
- Shipment sanitization and preparation.
- After hours response/resolution and technical issues.
- Support after hours high precedence responses.
- Awareness to HVAC issues for management of systems and technical interface with local HVAC service provider.
- Active TS/SCI clearance with polygraph
- Requires BA and 12+ years' experience. Additional experience in lieu of degree.
- Experience in IP Related Services: TCP/IP, UDP, ICMP, PPP, and SIP.
- Experience with DS3/1 end user equipment.
- Knowledge of Cisco routers and switches.
- Experience with commercial PBXs and associated telephones, VOIP/data telephony.
- Experience with UPS systems and AD/DC power systems, to include install/connection.
- Working knowledge of CAT5, CAT6 cable, connectors, and demonstrated capability of fabrication of equipment to meet the setup needs of services being provided.
- General to strong knowledge of fiber, servers, routers, edge switches and desktop hardware.
- Remedy, VISIO, and MS Office.
- Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Systems Engineering or related field and successful software engineering experience; of if no degree, relevant experience performing engineering functions in the field on programs of similar size, scope, and complexity
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective January 18, 2022, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.