Are you interested in improving and shaping the IT industry?
Leidos is seeking a SAS Administrator who is motivated by variety, is seeking a challenging environment for professional growth, and is interested in supporting an Investor Owned Utility client headquartered in New Orleans, Louisiana. Leidos has a long-term customer who we have supported in all areas of IT operations since the client’s first outsourcing engagement over 20 years ago.
The SAS Administrator will be responsible for working with SAS users to gather business requirements and perform all needed Administrator tasks.
Note: Possible On-Call rotation and after hours work needed
Primary Duties & Areas of Responsibility:
- Setup and manage SAS access to source databases and associated security architecture including OS level users and permissions.
- Add new SAS metadata users and metadata groups to the environment as needed
- Add SAS libraries and register tables from the source database, register stored procedures, and manage the registration of the Enterprise Miner Model Packages and the implementation of Enterprise Miner Score Card.
- Keep SAS software up-to-date including patches and maintenance releases.
- Monitor resource consumption.
- Check the status and operations of SAS servers and processes, including starting, stopping, and/or pausing the servers/processes used in the SAS system.
- Monitor, log, and/or troubleshoot SAS servers and processes, including system access and password problems or error messages and using system logs or setting logging options as well as options within SAS Management Console.
- Promote metadata from one environment to another.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related degree with 3+ years’ experience. High school diploma with an additional 4 years’ experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Strong knowledge of SAS v9 architecture and its distributed components such as Mid-tier, Computer and Metadata
- Prefer SAS v9 Administration
- Strong communication (written and oral), documentation skills and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a fast, paced environment and perform duties without immediate supervision.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Possess the ability to work in a team environment
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to coordinate multiple tasks to ensure project deadlines are met
- Proficiency with all or some of the following: MS Office Suite including Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Visio
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective January 18, 2022, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.