Grow with us! Through training, teamwork, and exposure to challenging technical work, let Leidos show you how to accelerate your career path.
The Defense Group at Leidos currently has an opening for Operations Manager to work in a customer facility at Ft Bragg, North Carolina. This program requires a seasoned, mature professional with prior experience working in higher echelons of military headquarters, experience in handling sensitive information and independent decision making. Must be capable of working as a member of a highly skilled team to accomplish time sensitive, critical tasks. Must be capable of receiving, analyzing, and interpreting general guidance and direction from program leadership to act independently to changing situations.
- Operations management – makes decisions routinely that impact the smooth operation of the program office and battle staff. As an example, coordinating and making decisions regarding travel planning, temporary duty, and training opportunities.
- Coordinates activities with teammates and other non-program stakeholders to ensure unity of effort.
- Independently produces briefings and reports to inform customer’s chain of command of sensitive activities.
- Daily handles sensitive material and information.
- Independently establishes and maintains processes and procedures that impact the entire team and conform to organizational standard operating procedures of the higher, supported headquarters.
- Establishes standards and performs quality control on reporting. As an example, temporary duty and travel reports and after action reviews.
- Manage and account for team equipment, office space, and scheduling team requirements of operationally shared assets from across the organization
- Responsible for ensuring routine maintenance of IT equipment, coordinates for emergency maintenance of vital equipment ensuring safety of sensitive information is controlled.
- BA/BS degree and 4-6 years of prior relevant experience. Significant military experience working in sensitive programs or with sensitive information may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Requires practical knowledge of Special Operations and Special Operations Command, typically obtained through military training and experience.
- Must have a current TS/SCI security clearance.
- Must be available to travel OCONUS, 50% for periods up to 2-3 months.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively (written and oral).
- Able able to work independently for the customer while overseas.
- Military experience working in sensitive programs or with sensitive information
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective January 18, 2022, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.